Sign in with
Your question

New Gaming System for Around $700-$1k

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
February 22, 2010 5:32:13 PM

Now, I am wanting to build a good gaming desktop, but with my own peramiters... Not the ones set up by buying stock companies. Some of the compamies have good specs, but none of them in the field of heavy gaming, as this will be a gaming only computer. I have a couple of parts in mind for each area, and in price range, but I would like to know which is better:

CPU: Intel Pentium E5300, AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek HDT-SD964, something cheap
Motherboard: Asus P7P55D Pro Motherboard, Asus M3A78-CM
RAM: Cheap but high storage and voltage, I would like to go up to 16Gb if possiable.
Graphics: nVidia Xfx GeForce 6200 Graphics Card (I might go with 2), ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 Graphics
Hard Drive: Something 1Tb and I only want 1Tb... Won't use that much space. If I do, won't be that much more to get another HD.
Sound: I will just get the Creative Sound Blaster Arena Surround USB Gaming Headset... Less drivers. If it don't work, I can just take it out!
Network: In the motherboards.
Case: Antec Two Hundred
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W
Optical Drive: I will just scrap this from my old computer. I just need to find the disk.

Any mods welcome. Thanks,
Mike :hello: 

More about : gaming system 700

February 25, 2010 3:11:10 AM

Mikez said:
Now, I am wanting to build a good gaming desktop, but with my own peramiters... Not the ones set up by buying stock companies. Some of the compamies have good specs, but none of them in the field of heavy gaming, as this will be a gaming only computer. I have a couple of parts in mind for each area, and in price range, but I would like to know which is better:

CPU: Intel Pentium E5300, AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek HDT-SD964, something cheap
Motherboard: Asus P7P55D Pro Motherboard, Asus M3A78-CM
RAM: Cheap but high storage and voltage, I would like to go up to 16Gb if possiable.
Graphics: nVidia Xfx GeForce 6200 Graphics Card (I might go with 2), ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 Graphics
Hard Drive: Something 1Tb and I only want 1Tb... Won't use that much space. If I do, won't be that much more to get another HD.
Sound: I will just get the Creative Sound Blaster Arena Surround USB Gaming Headset... Less drivers. If it don't work, I can just take it out!
Network: In the motherboards.
Case: Antec Two Hundred
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W
Optical Drive: I will just scrap this from my old computer. I just need to find the disk.

Any mods welcome. Thanks,
Mike :hello: 

Okay,
If anybody can find me a VooDoo graphics card, I will forever be their fan. I am having a hard time finding their website, and of course their products... So if anyone knows where and how I can get the card, please let me know. Please, no sarcasm.
Mike
m
l
!