Autoexec.nt deleting

KWH

I am having a issue with a PC that is running Windows 2000 Professional. This
PC is running a application that needs the AUTOEXEC.NT file. When the PC is
rebooted the AUTOEXEC.NT file is gone. I am not sure what the issue is, I
have run Corporate Norton Antivirus on this PC and didn't turn up any virus,
plus I have check it for spyware. I am at a loss with this PC, any help would
be appreciated.
--
kwh

kwh fumbled and fingered:

> I am having a issue with a PC that is running Windows 2000
> Professional. This PC is running a application that needs the
> AUTOEXEC.NT file. When the PC is rebooted the AUTOEXEC.NT file is
> gone. I am not sure what the issue is, I have run Corporate Norton
> Antivirus on this PC and didn't turn up any virus, plus I have check
> it for spyware. I am at a loss with this PC, any help would be
> appreciated. --
> kwh

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-uk;324767

Are you running WinPatrol on this machine?

http://www.WinPatrol.com

apparently it can incorrectly identify the autoexec.nt as spyware and
remove it, they have an updated version

http://www.WinPatrol.com/wpsetup8.exe

Run Spybot

and Spyware Blaster over your system.