Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Any Wireless outside cameras I should avoid?

Tags:
  • Webcams
  • Wireless
  • Cameras
  • Software
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 20, 2005 6:28:07 PM

I need to get an outside wireless camera to store pictures about every 15 to
30 seconds. Are there any cameras anyone knows of that I should stay away
from? It doesn't have to be especially easy to get working, but it does
have to work.

Along those lines, any software I might need to capture the stills on a
timer bases. Does that type of software normally come with the cameras?

Thanks,
Clark

More about : wireless cameras avoid

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 21, 2005 3:23:41 PM

Clark <who@whoknows.com> spewed:
> Along those lines, any software I might need to capture the stills on
> a timer bases. Does that type of software normally come with the
> cameras?

I'm a long time user (and fan) of HomeWatcher from www.homewatcher.com -
they have motion based capturing, as well as interval based capture. It is
also nice because you can set it up to capture intervals of every 5 or 10
seconds, but only batch upload those images every hour or something.
Basically, every time setting is independent of the others... so it isn't
like the typical webcam app that captures one images, connects to your
server, uploads, disconnects, and then repeats. It also makes nifty
time-lapse movies of those captured images automagically at various frame
rates from 1-15.

--
Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com
April 24, 2005 9:30:16 AM