Any Wireless outside cameras I should avoid?

I need to get an outside wireless camera to store pictures about every 15 to
30 seconds. Are there any cameras anyone knows of that I should stay away
from? It doesn't have to be especially easy to get working, but it does
have to work.

Along those lines, any software I might need to capture the stills on a
timer bases. Does that type of software normally come with the cameras?

Thanks,
Clark
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless cameras avoid

    Clark <who@whoknows.com> spewed:
    > Along those lines, any software I might need to capture the stills on
    > a timer bases. Does that type of software normally come with the
    > cameras?

    I'm a long time user (and fan) of HomeWatcher from www.homewatcher.com -
    they have motion based capturing, as well as interval based capture. It is
    also nice because you can set it up to capture intervals of every 5 or 10
    seconds, but only batch upload those images every hour or something.
    Basically, every time setting is independent of the others... so it isn't
    like the typical webcam app that captures one images, connects to your
    server, uploads, disconnects, and then repeats. It also makes nifty
    time-lapse movies of those captured images automagically at various frame
    rates from 1-15.

    --
    Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com

    Thanks, I'll check.

    Clark

    "Robert J Batina" <rbatina@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

    > Clark <who@whoknows.com> spewed:
    >> Along those lines, any software I might need to capture the stills on
    >> a timer bases. Does that type of software normally come with the
    >> cameras?
    >
    > I'm a long time user (and fan) of HomeWatcher from www.homewatcher.com -
    > they have motion based capturing, as well as interval based capture. It
    > is also nice because you can set it up to capture intervals of every 5 or
    > 10 seconds, but only batch upload those images every hour or something.
    > Basically, every time setting is independent of the others... so it isn't
    > like the typical webcam app that captures one images, connects to your
    > server, uploads, disconnects, and then repeats. It also makes nifty
    > time-lapse movies of those captured images automagically at various frame
    > rates from 1-15.
    >
    > --
    > Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com

Webcams Wireless Cameras Software Peripherals