Da_Man

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Hello,

Many user using asrock z68 extreme 4 have bsod problem (A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval (Stop 0x00000101), in overclocking world that means not enough vcore, yet all the users having those bsod are not overclocking their pc, and what interesting is the response from asrock employee :

Dear all,

We received some users feedback similar problem.

As far as we know, this problem is caused by Sandy Bridge' s CPU and memory module collocation.

We recommend you can contact your memory module manufacturer for help or change other memory to try.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
ASRock TSD Emily

and that a bit strange since from 31 users here who having those bsod, they all using different type and different brand of ram but they all using the onboard vga,

so here i'm hoping toms help to investigate this issue since i and some users there bought this mobo because tomshardware recommend it (note im not saying its your responsibility, just saying it could be a nice article to read) , and maybe make a article like those famous old pentium III bugs that tomshardware found.

thank you

G

I am also an user who bought the Mobo because of your recommendation (german article) and I think it would be really great if you write something about it. I think many people would read it and perhaps there would be a faster solution for this problem if more data could be collected.

BTW: Thanks for all the great articles. I build my firt own machine, because I need a stable system for my diploma thesis and your site was really very very helpfull.

archmayge

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
I also have the BSOD problem. I get 0x00000101 (mainly) and 0x00000124. Seems to happen most often when netflix (silverlight), or video is running. Its very intermittent for me. Sometimes it will happen 3 times a day, sometimes it will go a week. I am also using the i7-2600K on board graphics in combination with a GeForce GTX 570. I use the on board to run the TV while the 570 runs two desktop monitors.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

filrond

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Solution for Asrock BSOD W7 Problems on Extreme or Pro boards

Extreme or Pro.

We have two boards:

*Mine. First P67 Extreme 4 B3 buyed on May 2011. BSODS FIRST DAYS.

8 Gb Gskill 1600 Mhz Ripjaws X (for problems Space with my big Cooler Zalman Extreme CNPSQ10 need change to 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 Mhz) , Ati 6870, Ocz Zx 1250W, Seagate 1 Tb 7200.12 with Windows 7 64 bits + Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and old Maxtor Serial Ata 200Gb with Installed Osx 10.7.0.4 Lion.

I investigated bios options: Option very suspect in Storage configurations: "Sata Aggressive link power management" ....

Look on google in May 2011, a lot of people with BSOD with this option active on Bios.

I disabled this option and never more BSOD.

*Now with my brother computer update:

He buyed Asrock Z68 Pro 3 Gen 3 with other I7-2600, 4Gb Kistong 2000 Mhz (in Sandybridge only work max at 1833 Mhz), Nox Urano II power supply, Geforce Gtx460, Ocz Vertex 4 SSd, Seagate 1Tb 7200.12 second hard disk, Windows 7 64 Bits Ultimate and Osx 10.8.0 Mountain Lion installed on SSd Vertex 4 Hard Disk.

Update bios to last, very nice options and improve great this motherboard. Disable ""Sata Aggressive link power management" .... NO BSODS.

Computers tested with Stability Tests: Aida 64 Stability Tests, Prime 95, CCOP Perestroika, Performance Test, 3DMarks all collection, Memtest... ALL TEST PAST, NO PROBLEMS, NO BSODS.

Greetings for all.

TRENDING THREADS