Server Crashes with no Events.

I have a server that it randomly crashing. It just freezes and we have to
physically reboot the thing to get it up and running again. There is not
warning and no events that indicate any issues. We reboot and it will run for
a day or long before it freezes again.

I’ve checked everything and everything seems fine. I’m starting to think
it’s overheating. Anyone have any idea’s how to test for it. Is there some
kind of clue that may lead me in that direction.

My only thought is to take the covers off and see what happens.

Any other thoughts?

Yes, do take the covers off and check for proper fan operation but don't
leave the covers off.

--
Regards,
Dave

-------------
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dozzerca" wrote:
|I have a server that it randomly crashing. It just freezes and we have to
| physically reboot the thing to get it up and running again. There is not
| warning and no events that indicate any issues. We reboot and it will run
for
| a day or long before it freezes again.
|
| I've checked everything and everything seems fine. I'm starting to think
| it's overheating. Anyone have any idea's how to test for it. Is there some
| kind of clue that may lead me in that direction.
|
| My only thought is to take the covers off and see what happens.
|
| Any other thoughts?

I was thinking of leaving the covers off for at least a few days, just to see
if is helps. Do you think this will be a problem?

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Yes, do take the covers off and check for proper fan operation but don't
> leave the covers off.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> -------------
> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Dozzerca" wrote:
> |I have a server that it randomly crashing. It just freezes and we have to
> | physically reboot the thing to get it up and running again. There is not
> | warning and no events that indicate any issues. We reboot and it will run
> for
> | a day or long before it freezes again.
> |
> | I've checked everything and everything seems fine. I'm starting to think
> | it's overheating. Anyone have any idea's how to test for it. Is there some
> | kind of clue that may lead me in that direction.
> |
> | My only thought is to take the covers off and see what happens.
> |
> | Any other thoughts?

Yes, some cases are an integral part of the cooling system. If the fans all
run then there is no reason to leave the case off.

--
Regards,
Dave

-------------

"Dozzerca" <Dozzerca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a server that it randomly crashing. It just freezes and we have
> physically reboot the thing to get it up and running again. There is
> not
> warning and no events that indicate any issues. We reboot and it will
> run for
> a day or long before it freezes again.
>
> I've checked everything and everything seems fine. I'm starting to
> think
> it's overheating. Anyone have any idea's how to test for it. Is there
> some
> kind of clue that may lead me in that direction.
>
> My only thought is to take the covers off and see what happens.
>
> Any other thoughts?

I had a PC that had a failing CPU fan .. it behaved just like this and
took some tracking down to isolate the issue.

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk