Mapped Network Drives

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 18, 2005 3:18:03 PM

Recently added Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with Windows XP Pro with SP2 to
Windows 2000 server domain using Wireless Network card to connect. When user
logs on he recieves a message stating that Mapped Drives not connected and to
go to My Computer. My Computer shows drives disconnected and double clicking
on the drives activates. This problem also occurs when i connect the laptop
to the same domain on a Hard wired section of the LAN.
User can log onto any other workstation on the domain either Wireless or
Hard Wired and drives connect automatically.
Can anyone help

Thanks

More about : mapped network drives

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 4:29:02 PM

are you using a logon script??

"johnocd" wrote:

> Recently added Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with Windows XP Pro with SP2 to
> Windows 2000 server domain using Wireless Network card to connect. When user
> logs on he recieves a message stating that Mapped Drives not connected and to
> go to My Computer. My Computer shows drives disconnected and double clicking
> on the drives activates. This problem also occurs when i connect the laptop
> to the same domain on a Hard wired section of the LAN.
> User can log onto any other workstation on the domain either Wireless or
> Hard Wired and drives connect automatically.
> Can anyone help
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 5:27:08 PM

Yes
Same logon script as all other users and same logon script that is used when
the user logs onto any other workstation and only this laptop has the problem

!