Sign in with
Your question

ATI Rage 128 or ati rage IIC AGP problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 23, 2006 12:24:54 AM

ATI Rage 128 or ATI rage IIC AGP Windows XP

I have a problem with my graphics card it says install a driver for it but when i search up the video card drivers online and download them they always have some sort of problem like not windows 98/nt or cannot find hardware in ur computer etc.. If anyone knows where to download and install one of these drivers (because i have both video cards and can put one or the other into the computer) please help me. I have a windows XP computer thanks.
December 23, 2006 2:38:57 AM

windows XP should have those drivers already.
Did you do a clean format & install?
a b U Graphics card
December 23, 2006 3:48:16 AM

You do get the win xp versions dont you? And also dont get the latest ATI drivers (like catalyst version 6.12 or whatever its up to now), since they're not compatible with that card. You need to make sure that the drivers you're downloading are compatible.
Related resources
December 23, 2006 5:18:30 PM

Im not sure but i had it installed before until i took out my video card and switched it because i had a problem (long story but now fixed) but when i put my card back in it popped up the window that says install the software automaticaly or from a specific location so im guessing i should find the driver online and download it. For example, http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/atirage.html it says requirement windows 98/me etc.. every driver i find and try to download doesnt work. Thanks
December 23, 2006 11:06:35 PM

Quote:
the rage 128. It's the better card of the two.

Second that.

-mcg
December 23, 2006 11:39:23 PM

i have had nasty issues with older drivers messing up the newer ones, and just making the whole setup not work. I installed a free program called driver cleaner http://www.drivercleaner.net and it erased all traces of the old drivers
everywhere in the machine. After that, it was rather easy to install the newest driver, and it worked.

If you have the choice, stick with the rage 128 card. The rage IIc is way to old, and has useless 3d.
!