Disk is full

Good afternoon,

I'm having problems with a dc. I'm trying to resolve a dns issue, but can't
open ANY mmc. Event Viewer, DNSMGT, etc...I get the message Disk Full. I
show that I have 502 Mb of free space. I think that the error log is filling
up space...any suggestions would be greatfully received.

problem solved.

"C Hall" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good afternoon,
>
> I'm having problems with a dc. I'm trying to resolve a dns issue, but
can't
> open ANY mmc. Event Viewer, DNSMGT, etc...I get the message Disk Full. I
> show that I have 502 Mb of free space. I think that the error log is
filling
> up space...any suggestions would be greatfully received.

Any clues of how?

> problem solved.
>
> "C Hall" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Good afternoon,
>>
>> I'm having problems with a dc. I'm trying to resolve a dns issue, but
> can't
>> open ANY mmc. Event Viewer, DNSMGT, etc...I get the message Disk Full. I
>> show that I have 502 Mb of free space. I think that the error log is
> filling
>> up space...any suggestions would be greatfully received.

Well, my original thinking was that the log files were NOT set to overwrite
and that was filling up the drive, but found out that was not the case. I
will need to look at some options there at some point. I had a couple of
apps copied onto the server to be able to install remotely and removing them
gave me the free space I needed. I'm still monitoring disk usage, however.