Scheduled Task could not start

We have setup a scheduled task to run on this Win2000 server machine. The
scheduled task has been running until this morning, but this evening it
stops running.
When I manually right click and "Run" it, it still says "could not start".
I retyped the password to no avail. I recreated the scheduled task to no
avail.
I can run the program (by double clicking on the exe or start - run) that is
in the scheduled task with no problem.
What can I do to fix this problem ?
Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about scheduled task start

    Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log may provide some details. Also check Event
    Viewer for errors.

    You may need to add the user/ group 'logon as batch job' rights (server
    side). Control Panel|Admin Tools|Local Security Policy\Local Policies\User
    Rights Assignments
    "Log on as a batch job"

    Remember that if it involves network resources to make sure the user account
    has permissions to the resources and also use UNC paths as mapped drives
    won't exist when no one is logged on.

    --
    Regards,
    Dave

    -------------
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "fniles" wrote:
    | We have setup a scheduled task to run on this Win2000 server machine. The
    | scheduled task has been running until this morning, but this evening it
    | stops running.
    | When I manually right click and "Run" it, it still says "could not start".
    | I retyped the password to no avail. I recreated the scheduled task to no
    | avail.
    | I can run the program (by double clicking on the exe or start - run) that
    is
    | in the scheduled task with no problem.
    | What can I do to fix this problem ?
    | Thank you.

    Thank you.
    Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log told me that the password I was using was
    incorrect. Turns out I had the Caps Lock on.
    Thanks.

    "Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
    > Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log may provide some details. Also check
    > Event
    > Viewer for errors.
    >
    > You may need to add the user/ group 'logon as batch job' rights (server
    > side). Control Panel|Admin Tools|Local Security Policy\Local Policies\User
    > Rights Assignments
    > "Log on as a batch job"
    >
    > Remember that if it involves network resources to make sure the user
    > account
    > has permissions to the resources and also use UNC paths as mapped drives
    > won't exist when no one is logged on.
    >

    > --
    > Regards,
    > Dave
    >
    > -------------
    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "fniles" wrote:
    > | We have setup a scheduled task to run on this Win2000 server machine.
    > The
    > | scheduled task has been running until this morning, but this evening it
    > | stops running.
    > | When I manually right click and "Run" it, it still says "could not
    > start".
    > | I retyped the password to no avail. I recreated the scheduled task to no
    > | avail.
    > | I can run the program (by double clicking on the exe or start - run)
    > that
    > is
    > | in the scheduled task with no problem.
    > | What can I do to fix this problem ?
    > | Thank you.

    Glad to hear it. You're welcome.

    --
    Regards,

    "fniles" wrote:
    | Thank you.
    | Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log told me that the password I was using
    was
    | incorrect. Turns out I had the Caps Lock on.
    | Thanks.

Microsoft Servers Windows