Need help with language fonts.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 18, 2005 8:40:02 PM

I have Windows 2000 Professional and, for some reason, it seems that foreign
language fonts weren't installed with the operating system. I really want to
view websites in Japanese, but I'm only seeing misc. symbols. Since I bought
this computer from a friend who no longer has the original Windows 2000 cd's,
does anyone know of what I can do to install these fonts? Is there a website
that I can go to to download some sort of driver for this? Any help is much
appreciated.

More about : language fonts

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 3:26:54 PM

"pmcginnis" <pmcginnis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D DD0E28C-9161-4C9F-8422-8E25F4D9E5E0@microsoft.com...
> I have Windows 2000 Professional and, for some reason, it seems that
foreign
> language fonts weren't installed with the operating system. I really want
> view websites in Japanese, but I'm only seeing misc. symbols. Since I
bought
> this computer from a friend who no longer has the original Windows 2000
cd's,
> does anyone know of what I can do to install these fonts? Is there a
website
> that I can go to to download some sort of driver for this? Any help is
much
> appreciated.

I suggest you ask a friend for a copy of a Win2000 CD.
You will need it sooner or later anyway. Copying this
CD does not infringe Microsoft's copyright; it's the
licence key that matters.
!