Need help with language fonts.

I have Windows 2000 Professional and, for some reason, it seems that foreign
language fonts weren't installed with the operating system. I really want to
view websites in Japanese, but I'm only seeing misc. symbols. Since I bought
this computer from a friend who no longer has the original Windows 2000 cd's,
does anyone know of what I can do to install these fonts? Is there a website
that I can go to to download some sort of driver for this? Any help is much
appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about need language fonts

    "pmcginnis" <pmcginnis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have Windows 2000 Professional and, for some reason, it seems that
    foreign
    > language fonts weren't installed with the operating system. I really want
    > view websites in Japanese, but I'm only seeing misc. symbols. Since I
    bought
    > this computer from a friend who no longer has the original Windows 2000
    cd's,
    > does anyone know of what I can do to install these fonts? Is there a
    website
    > that I can go to to download some sort of driver for this? Any help is
    much
    > appreciated.

    I suggest you ask a friend for a copy of a Win2000 CD.
    You will need it sooner or later anyway. Copying this
    CD does not infringe Microsoft's copyright; it's the
    licence key that matters.

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows