Reboot - Services

Ian

After the server rebooted, some services won't start so I have to re-type in
the password before starting the services manually. Does anybody know how to
fix it? Thanks.

If the Services are set to Automatic they should start at Reboot. If not then you have some sort of issue going on.

--
George Hester
_________________________________
"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9426CCEB-015E-4BD3-81C2-51FB04E15EB2@microsoft.com...
> After the server rebooted, some services won't start so I have to re-type in
> the password before starting the services manually. Does anybody know how to
> fix it? Thanks.

Ian

They are set to Automatic but won't start at Reboot untill re-type in password.

"George Hester" wrote:

> If the Services are set to Automatic they should start at Reboot. If not then you have some sort of issue going on.
>
> --
> George Hester
> _________________________________
> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9426CCEB-015E-4BD3-81C2-51FB04E15EB2@microsoft.com...
> > After the server rebooted, some services won't start so I have to re-type in
> > the password before starting the services manually. Does anybody know how to
> > fix it? Thanks.

Are they being "Run as" 'ed someone with a changed password? If that's the
case, create a service account for these services to run under, so they
aren't dependent on one user and his/her password.

Ken

> They are set to Automatic but won't start at Reboot untill re-type in
> password.
>
> "George Hester" wrote:
>
>> If the Services are set to Automatic they should start at Reboot. If not
>> then you have some sort of issue going on.
>>
>> --
>> George Hester
>> _________________________________
>> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After the server rebooted, some services won't start so I have to
>> > re-type in
>> > the password before starting the services manually. Does anybody know
>> > how to
>> > fix it? Thanks.

Ian

Ken,

The accounts are all service accounts, e.g. backup exec, ms sql and
blackberry. What do you mean "a changed password"?

"Ken B" wrote:

> Are they being "Run as" 'ed someone with a changed password? If that's the
> case, create a service account for these services to run under, so they
> aren't dependent on one user and his/her password.
>
> Ken
>
> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > They are set to Automatic but won't start at Reboot untill re-type in
> > password.
> >
> > "George Hester" wrote:
> >
> >> If the Services are set to Automatic they should start at Reboot. If not
> >> then you have some sort of issue going on.
> >>
> >> --
> >> George Hester
> >> _________________________________
> >> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Seems to me the Service is not reading the User Profile correctly at boot. Do all the accounts you are using to start the services are they local accounts? Do they all have to start with User accounts how about LocalSystem?

--
George Hester
_________________________________
"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60D40475-EBF9-4ABD-AD70-8FF0E8CD6DCB@microsoft.com...
> Ken,
>
> The accounts are all service accounts, e.g. backup exec, ms sql and
> blackberry. What do you mean "a changed password"?
>
> "Ken B" wrote:
>
> > Are they being "Run as" 'ed someone with a changed password? If that's the
> > case, create a service account for these services to run under, so they
> > aren't dependent on one user and his/her password.
> >
> > Ken
> >
> > "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > They are set to Automatic but won't start at Reboot untill re-type in
> > > password.

Ian

The 3 service accounts in the example are domain accounts. The 3 services are
running on 3 different Windows 2000 servers in the same Win2k domain.

"George Hester" wrote:

> Seems to me the Service is not reading the User Profile correctly at boot. Do all the accounts you are using to start the services are they local accounts? Do they all have to start with User accounts how about LocalSystem?
>
> --
> George Hester
> _________________________________
> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60D40475-EBF9-4ABD-AD70-8FF0E8CD6DCB@microsoft.com...
> > Ken,
> >
> > The accounts are all service accounts, e.g. backup exec, ms sql and
> > blackberry. What do you mean "a changed password"?
> >
> > "Ken B" wrote:
> >
> > > Are they being "Run as" 'ed someone with a changed password? If that's the
> > > case, create a service account for these services to run under, so they
> > > aren't dependent on one user and his/her password.
> > >
> > > Ken
> > >
> > > "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

So I assume they are not local accounts used to start the services. Try that.

--
George Hester