Error while installing child domain

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 19, 2005 8:31:03 AM

Hi

We have windows 2003 domain in our test lab we tried to make awindows 2000
server as child domain for that domain It is giving error saying

"The operation fialed because

the domain service failed to create oblect CN=XXX,
CN=partitions,CN=configurations, DC=testlab,DC=com
please check the event
log for possible systems errors
"An error with no direction has occured this system has been disjoined from
domain"

Note:this error is bieng desplayed the directory replication takes place
when promoting a member server to child domain

need help

regards
jagan
April 20, 2005 12:33:01 AM

Hi,

check the DNS server setting on the child domain server and make sure that
its pointing to your root DNS server (Parent domain DNS server) Ip address.

Padman

!