Sign in with
Your question

Possible to have 2 networks?

Last response: in Networking
October 9, 2003 4:48:29 PM

Okay... I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the first clue about whether this would work or not, and I've always gotten great advice from this forum. I'm currently running a 10/100 network to the three PC's in my house, just have them all hooked up to a hub, with one PC being the internet sharer and such. My question is I just bought a laptop and I was wondering if there was any way to use my old Intel Anypoint Wireless networking stuff in conjuction? I know that a LAN connection to it would be faster, just would be really nice to be able to go outside with it and all, and I don't want to have to buy a new wireless card and access point and all that... if anybody has any clues on this, it would be greatly appreciated. (Intel's site has NO info on this, not to mention won't answer any tech support questions in relation to it since they discontiued them)

More about : networks

October 12, 2003 11:34:41 PM

What exactly is your "old Intel Anypoint Wireless stuff"? If it's just a WAP and an access card, then you may be able to use it in conjunction with your current router/internet sharing setup.
October 13, 2003 8:28:05 PM

Sorry I wasn't too clear... I have two Intel Anypoint Adapters, one of which plugs into the USB port of my desktop, the other is a PC card that goes in my laptop. I'm not sure what protocol they use or anything though.
Related resources
!