Unable to Connect IPAQ 2210 to Internet with Motorola V60 ..

March 23, 2005 8:27:32 AM

It used to work. I used to be able to connect to the Internet with my IPAQ
2210, using my Motorola V60g phone as a modem (T-Mobile), connected with a
Gomadic (brand) cable.. I used it to simply dial-up my ISP, at one of its
regular dial-up numbers.

However, when I try it now, select "connect", I invariably get the following
error message. (The error message comes so fast, I doubt there has really
been any attempt to dial-up.)

Cannot Connect
Dialed 9190114 (ISP access number)
Cannot connect for an unknown reason.

This occurs so quickly, I doubt there has really been any attempt at
dialing. The phone LCD does not show any call being made.

Could it be that the phone/modem isn't connecting properly? Is there any way
in WM2003 to check the modem connection?

Any setting change that would be recommended?
March 23, 2005 6:08:36 PM

Don't you need an area code in the dialled number?
Terry

" MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
> It used to work. I used to be able to connect to the Internet with my IPAQ
> 2210, using my Motorola V60g phone as a modem (T-Mobile), connected with a
> Gomadic (brand) cable.. I used it to simply dial-up my ISP, at one of its
> regular dial-up numbers.
>
> However, when I try it now, select "connect", I invariably get the
> following
> error message. (The error message comes so fast, I doubt there has really
> been any attempt to dial-up.)
>
> Cannot Connect
> Dialed 9190114 (ISP access number)
> Cannot connect for an unknown reason.
>
> This occurs so quickly, I doubt there has really been any attempt at
> dialing. The phone LCD does not show any call being made.
>
> Could it be that the phone/modem isn't connecting properly? Is there any
> way
> in WM2003 to check the modem connection?
>
> Any setting change that would be recommended?

March 23, 2005 6:29:42 PM

"tc" <terrycassidy@msn.com> wrote in message
> Don't you need an area code in the dialled number?
> Terry

No. It's a local call. No need to dial an area code.

Anyhow, as I said, I don't think the modem is dialing at all, I get the
error message immediately, every time, as soon as I choose "Connect".

Anyone know what could be causing the problem? Any way to check if the modem
(cell phone) (listed as Hayes compatible on Com1) is connected correctly?
(Easy to check that on the PC, I haven't yet seen a way on my PPC.)

> " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > It used to work. I used to be able to connect to the Internet with my
IPAQ
> > 2210, using my Motorola V60g phone as a modem (T-Mobile), connected with
> > Gomadic (brand) cable.. I used it to simply dial-up my ISP, at one of
its
> > regular dial-up numbers.
> >
> > However, when I try it now, select "connect", I invariably get the
> > following
> > error message. (The error message comes so fast, I doubt there has
really
> > been any attempt to dial-up.)
> >
> > Cannot Connect
> > Dialed 9190114 (ISP access number)
> > Cannot connect for an unknown reason.
> >
> > This occurs so quickly, I doubt there has really been any attempt at
> > dialing. The phone LCD does not show any call being made.
> >
> > Could it be that the phone/modem isn't connecting properly? Is there any
> > way
> > in WM2003 to check the modem connection?
> >
> > Any setting change that would be recommended?

Related resources
March 23, 2005 7:10:42 PM

I believe all ppcs say 'Hayes Compatible on Com 1' whether you have
something connected or not. This does not mean the ppc is actually connected
to the cell phone. The message you are getting sounds like it is not
connected.

> "tc" <terrycassidy@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Don't you need an area code in the dialled number?
>> Terry
>
> No. It's a local call. No need to dial an area code.
>
> Anyhow, as I said, I don't think the modem is dialing at all, I get the
> error message immediately, every time, as soon as I choose "Connect".
>
> Anyone know what could be causing the problem? Any way to check if the
> modem
> (cell phone) (listed as Hayes compatible on Com1) is connected correctly?
> (Easy to check that on the PC, I haven't yet seen a way on my PPC.)
>

>> " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > It used to work. I used to be able to connect to the Internet with my
> IPAQ
>> > 2210, using my Motorola V60g phone as a modem (T-Mobile), connected
>> > with
>> > Gomadic (brand) cable.. I used it to simply dial-up my ISP, at one of
> its
>> > regular dial-up numbers.
>> >
>> > However, when I try it now, select "connect", I invariably get the
>> > following
>> > error message. (The error message comes so fast, I doubt there has
> really
>> > been any attempt to dial-up.)
>> >
>> > Cannot Connect
>> > Dialed 9190114 (ISP access number)
>> > Cannot connect for an unknown reason.
>> >
>> > This occurs so quickly, I doubt there has really been any attempt at
>> > dialing. The phone LCD does not show any call being made.
>> >
>> > Could it be that the phone/modem isn't connecting properly? Is there
>> > any
>> > way
>> > in WM2003 to check the modem connection?
>> >
>> > Any setting change that would be recommended?

March 23, 2005 10:23:01 PM

Well, how does one check that?

!