Network Problems with XP

Jun 16, 2004

XP keeps loosing the Network connection on our small NT4.0 network. None of
the other machines (98se, ME) has this problem. Any ideas?
~Q

Q wrote:
> XP keeps loosing the Network connection on our small NT4.0 network. None of
> the other machines (98se, ME) has this problem. Any ideas?
> ~Q

Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Is Recommended for Windows XP Clients
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q313384

Windows XP Client Cannot Log On to a Windows NT 4.0 Domain
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318266

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Jun 16, 2004

> Q wrote:
> > XP keeps loosing the Network connection on our small NT4.0 network. None
of
> > the other machines (98se, ME) has this problem. Any ideas?
> > ~Q
> >

> Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Is Recommended for Windows XP Clients
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q313384
>
> Windows XP Client Cannot Log On to a Windows NT 4.0 Domain
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318266
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

We do have NT4 SP6a installed on the server. We still experience frequent
disconnects -only with the XP machine. It is slow to logon too (any way to
make that automatic? we are a family business and security is no concern).
Also, there is no "local security policy" tab.
Thanks for the help.

Please take this question to the windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Q" <Q@anon.com> wrote in message

> "Bruce Chambers" <bruce_a_chambers@h0tmail.com> wrote in message
>> Q wrote:
>> > XP keeps loosing the Network connection on our small NT4.0 network.
>> > None
> of
>> > the other machines (98se, ME) has this problem. Any ideas?
>> > ~Q
>> >

>> Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Is Recommended for Windows XP Clients
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q313384
>>
>> Windows XP Client Cannot Log On to a Windows NT 4.0 Domain
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318266
>>

>> --
>>
>> Bruce Chambers
>>
>> Help us help you:
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
>> both at once. - RAH
>
> We do have NT4 SP6a installed on the server. We still experience frequent
> disconnects -only with the XP machine. It is slow to logon too (any way to
> make that automatic? we are a family business and security is no concern).
> Also, there is no "local security policy" tab.
> Thanks for the help.

Jun 16, 2004

> Please take this question to the windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Q" <Q@anon.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Bruce Chambers" <bruce_a_chambers@h0tmail.com> wrote in message
> > of
> >> >

> >> Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Is Recommended for Windows XP Clients
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q313384
> >>
> >> Windows XP Client Cannot Log On to a Windows NT 4.0 Domain
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318266
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Bruce Chambers
> >>
> >> Help us help you:
> >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> >>
> >> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
> >> both at once. - RAH
> >
> > We do have NT4 SP6a installed on the server. We still experience
frequent
> > disconnects -only with the XP machine. It is slow to logon too (any way
> > make that automatic? we are a family business and security is no
concern).
> > Also, there is no "local security policy" tab.
> > Thanks for the help.

OK, thanks.
~Q

You're welcome.