Local Policy

I have created a group policy for thin clients to access a terminal services
server on my network. However, I receive an error, "The local policy of this
system does not permit you to logon interactively", with an account I have
specifically created in terminal serveices' users.
Any help in regards to this situation, would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you.
Al
1 answer Last reply
More about local policy

    Hi,

    When trying to connect to a W2K domain controller running Terminal Services
    with Application Server mode for user access, you as a TS user may receive
    "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively"
    message. You may not receive this message if you logon with a member of the
    following default groups:
    Account Operators
    Administrators
    Backup Operators
    Print Operators
    Server Operators
    Others based on services on the computer such as TsInternetUser, Also, you
    will not receive this message when you logon member and stand-alone servers
    since they have the users group included in the "Log on Locally" user right.

    Resolutions:This issue occurs because the W2K domain controller running
    Terminal Services does not have the Users, Authenticated Users, or Everyone
    global group added to the Group Policy Object for the "Log on Locally" user
    right. "Log on Locally" is a required user right in Microsoft Windows NT 4.0,
    Terminal Server Edition and Windows 2000 Terminal Services. To modify the
    Group Policy Object for the domain controller, go to Administrative
    Tools>Domain Controller Security Policy>Security Settings>Local Policies>User
    Rights Assignment>Policy>Log on Locally>Add>Browse, click the appropriate
    group, and then click Add. After modifying the Group Policy, type secedit
    /refreshpolicy machine_policy /enforce at a command prompt, press ENTER, and
    then press ENTER.

    padman

    "Alboni" wrote:

    > I have created a group policy for thin clients to access a terminal services
    > server on my network. However, I receive an error, "The local policy of this
    > system does not permit you to logon interactively", with an account I have
    > specifically created in terminal serveices' users.
    > Any help in regards to this situation, would be deeply appreciated.
    > Thank you.
    > Al

Policy Terminal Microsoft Windows