adding many users to a group

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

How do I add a bunch of users currently in an ou in AD to a Group also in
AD.

will ldifde do it? What do i do?

Thanks

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:50:15 -0700, "tony" <none@none.com> wrote:

>How do I add a bunch of users currently in an ou in AD to a Group also in
>AD.
>
>will ldifde do it? What do i do?
>
>Thanks

From a Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 domain member, use the following example, whioch queries the OU for all members and pipes them
to a addmbr for the specified group.

dsquery user "OU=OU_TEST,DC=JSIINC,DC=COM"|dsmod group "CN=Accounts Payables,CN=Users,DC=JSIINC,DC=COM" -addmbr

See tip 6820 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com