cannot encrypt file on network share access denied

I am trying to encrypt a file on a network drive but keep getting the access
denied error. I can however modify and write to the file
1
answer
Last reply
More about cannot encrypt file network share access denied

    Please review all the requirements for encryption, found in Help and
    Support EFS, encrypting files and folders.

    tony wrote:

    > I am trying to encrypt a file on a network drive but keep getting the access
    > denied error. I can however modify and write to the file

Microsoft Network Drive Windows