Windows 2000 server boot disk with network and RAID support

I need to make a Windows 2000 server boot disk with network support that will
allow me to install the driver for my RAID drives. I have all of the drivers
I need on floppy disk.

We have a Dell Power Edge 1600SC with PowerEdge Expandable RAID Controller
Bios 1.05

I screwed the system up by changing the security settings and the server
will now not boot in regular or safe mode. I don’t have an Emergency Repair
Disk. I get the evil blue screen with the stop message 0x.C000021A
STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED. I need to change the security settings back
to try and reboot the system. I haven't found a way to do this in console
mode so I want to try it from the c:\ prompt using secedit or CACLS neither
of which will work under the console. (I have never been able to find a good
use for console mode.) If I can get the system to boot in network mode I want
to transfer all of my user files to another computer and then format and
reinstall. I tried using a parallel install on the same hard drive but the
system keeps asking for files it already has and won't install or boot.

I have a few options; I need to know which is best and how to do it:

1. Boot off a floppy and change the security settings with either secedit or
CACSL. Then repair the Windows 2000 installation. This keeps my user and
security settings intact. Is there any way to copy my user and security
settings to a floppy and then copy them back when an installation is done?
2. Boot off a floppy with network and RAID support. Copy all of my files to
another server then format and reinstall. How do I boot Windows 2000 from a
floppy with network and RAID support? With this option I have to reinstall
all of my user and security settings.
3. Do a parallel installation and use that copy of windows 2000 to change
the security settings in the first installation. When I try this the system
keeps asking for files it already has, _Default.pif, exeplorer.exe, win.ini,
etc and the driver for my RAID system. When I provide these files on floppy
it won’t use them. How do I do a parallel installation that works? This seems
the best option if I can get it to work because it protects all of my
settings.
4. Is there a better option?

Thank you

Helner

"Helner" <Helner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to make a Windows 2000 server boot disk with network support that
will
> allow me to install the driver for my RAID drives. I have all of the
drivers
> I need on floppy disk.
>
> We have a Dell Power Edge 1600SC with PowerEdge Expandable RAID Controller
> Bios 1.05
>
> I screwed the system up by changing the security settings and the server
> will now not boot in regular or safe mode. I don't have an Emergency
Repair
> Disk. I get the evil blue screen with the stop message 0x.C000021A
> STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED. I need to change the security settings
back
> to try and reboot the system. I haven't found a way to do this in console
> mode so I want to try it from the c:\ prompt using secedit or CACLS
neither
> of which will work under the console. (I have never been able to find a
good
> use for console mode.) If I can get the system to boot in network mode I
want
> to transfer all of my user files to another computer and then format and
> reinstall. I tried using a parallel install on the same hard drive but the
> system keeps asking for files it already has and won't install or boot.
>
> I have a few options; I need to know which is best and how to do it:
>
> 1. Boot off a floppy and change the security settings with either secedit
or
> CACSL. Then repair the Windows 2000 installation. This keeps my user and
> security settings intact. Is there any way to copy my user and security
> settings to a floppy and then copy them back when an installation is done?
> 2. Boot off a floppy with network and RAID support. Copy all of my files
> another server then format and reinstall. How do I boot Windows 2000 from
> floppy with network and RAID support? With this option I have to reinstall
> all of my user and security settings.
> 3. Do a parallel installation and use that copy of windows 2000 to change
> the security settings in the first installation. When I try this the
system
> keeps asking for files it already has, _Default.pif, exeplorer.exe,
win.ini,
> etc and the driver for my RAID system. When I provide these files on
floppy
> it won't use them. How do I do a parallel installation that works? This
seems
> the best option if I can get it to work because it protects all of my
> settings.
> 4. Is there a better option?
>

> Thank you
>
> Helner

I would boot the machine with a Bart PE CD
(http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/#download). This
gives you a WinXP Professional environment with
access to your security settings - if it works with
your RAID system.