webcam slow problem

HI i have a logitech 4000 webcam.

works great on my pc desktop but when using it with my laptop it takes ages
fro the video to update ie; its really slow...

I have updated to latest drivers, have 512mb ram, 700mhz amd athlon
processor....

problem is the same in all programmes.

any ideas?

thanks!

In news:3dco7kF6rs43hU1@individual.net,
oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where his/her
mother was a universal whore, wrote:
> HI i have a logitech 4000 webcam.
>
> works great on my pc desktop but when using it with my laptop it
> takes ages fro the video to update ie; its really slow...
>
> I have updated to latest drivers, have 512mb ram, 700mhz amd athlon
> processor....
>
> problem is the same in all programmes.
>

> any ideas?
>
> thanks!

usb issues on the laptop?

yu sure its usb2 on desktop and laptop???

is not speed will be different

regards slayer

"ThE SlAyEr" <phlem1@speed-mail.co.uk> wrote in message
> In news:3dco7kF6rs43hU1@individual.net,
> oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where his/her
> mother was a universal whore, wrote:
>> HI i have a logitech 4000 webcam.
>>
>> works great on my pc desktop but when using it with my laptop it
>> takes ages fro the video to update ie; its really slow...
>>
>> I have updated to latest drivers, have 512mb ram, 700mhz amd athlon
>> processor....
>>
>> problem is the same in all programmes.
>>

>> any ideas?
>>
>> thanks!
>
> usb issues on the laptop?
>
> yu sure its usb2 on desktop and laptop???
>
> is not speed will be different
>
> regards slayer

Yeah but it should still work..this is unusable on laptop..just freezes
completely....

"ThE SlAyEr" <phlem1@speed-mail.co.uk> wrote in message
> In news:3dco7kF6rs43hU1@individual.net,
> oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where his/her
> mother was a universal whore, wrote:
>> HI i have a logitech 4000 webcam.
>>
>> works great on my pc desktop but when using it with my laptop it
>> takes ages fro the video to update ie; its really slow...
>>
>> I have updated to latest drivers, have 512mb ram, 700mhz amd athlon
>> processor....
>>
>> problem is the same in all programmes.
>>

>> any ideas?
>>
>> thanks!
>
> usb issues on the laptop?
>
> yu sure its usb2 on desktop and laptop???

How do i check on laptop?

In news:3dd058F6raenuU1@individual.net,
oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where his/her
mother was a universal whore, wrote:
> "ThE SlAyEr" <phlem1@speed-mail.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In news:3dco7kF6rs43hU1@individual.net,
>> oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where
>> his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
>>> HI i have a logitech 4000 webcam.
>>>
>>> works great on my pc desktop but when using it with my laptop it
>>> takes ages fro the video to update ie; its really slow...
>>>
>>> I have updated to latest drivers, have 512mb ram, 700mhz amd athlon
>>> processor....
>>>
>>> problem is the same in all programmes.
>>>

>>> any ideas?
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>
>> usb issues on the laptop?
>>
>> yu sure its usb2 on desktop and laptop???
>
> How do i check on laptop?

well sometimes when yu plug a device into a usb 1 port the pc tells yu it
could work faster in a usb2 slot..but i assume its not..

errm... no idea how to check...

search on google for that answer

regards slayer

eddie

> In news:3dd058F6raenuU1@individual.net,
> oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where
> his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
>> "ThE SlAyEr" <phlem1@speed-mail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> In news:3dco7kF6rs43hU1@individual.net,
>>> oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where

>>> usb issues on the laptop?
>>>
>>> yu sure its usb2 on desktop and laptop???
>>
>> How do i check on laptop?
>
> well sometimes when yu plug a device into a usb 1 port the pc tells yu
> it could work faster in a usb2 slot..but i assume its not..
>
> errm... no idea how to check...
>
> search on google for that answer
>
> regards slayer

try using AIM...it seems to work the best for me....

Use Windows Task Manager to check the usage of CPU and make sure which
process causes the slow, it might be caused by virus or anti-virus
software.

Good luck,
Kalin

"Kalin" <klliu2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Use Windows Task Manager to check the usage of CPU and make sure which
> process causes the slow, it might be caused by virus or anti-virus
> software.
>
> Good luck,
> Kalin

HI thanks Kalin but the CPU isn't under press ure at all - about $% usage
with everything running - webcam on etc.....weird