webcam slow problem

HI i have a logitech 4000 webcam.

works great on my pc desktop but when using it with my laptop it takes ages
fro the video to update ie; its really slow...

I have updated to latest drivers, have 512mb ram, 700mhz amd athlon
processor....

problem is the same in all programmes.

any ideas?

thanks!
7 answers Last reply
More about webcam slow problem

    In news:3dco7kF6rs43hU1@individual.net,
    oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where his/her
    mother was a universal whore, wrote:
    > HI i have a logitech 4000 webcam.
    >
    > works great on my pc desktop but when using it with my laptop it
    > takes ages fro the video to update ie; its really slow...
    >
    > I have updated to latest drivers, have 512mb ram, 700mhz amd athlon
    > processor....
    >
    > problem is the same in all programmes.
    >

    > any ideas?
    >
    > thanks!

    usb issues on the laptop?

    yu sure its usb2 on desktop and laptop???

    is not speed will be different

    regards slayer

    "ThE SlAyEr" <phlem1@speed-mail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > In news:3dco7kF6rs43hU1@individual.net,
    > oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where his/her
    > mother was a universal whore, wrote:
    >> HI i have a logitech 4000 webcam.
    >>
    >> works great on my pc desktop but when using it with my laptop it
    >> takes ages fro the video to update ie; its really slow...
    >>
    >> I have updated to latest drivers, have 512mb ram, 700mhz amd athlon
    >> processor....
    >>
    >> problem is the same in all programmes.
    >>

    >> any ideas?
    >>
    >> thanks!
    >
    > usb issues on the laptop?
    >
    > yu sure its usb2 on desktop and laptop???
    >
    > is not speed will be different
    >
    > regards slayer

    Yeah but it should still work..this is unusable on laptop..just freezes
    completely....

    "ThE SlAyEr" <phlem1@speed-mail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > In news:3dco7kF6rs43hU1@individual.net,
    > oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where his/her
    > mother was a universal whore, wrote:
    >> HI i have a logitech 4000 webcam.
    >>
    >> works great on my pc desktop but when using it with my laptop it
    >> takes ages fro the video to update ie; its really slow...
    >>
    >> I have updated to latest drivers, have 512mb ram, 700mhz amd athlon
    >> processor....
    >>
    >> problem is the same in all programmes.
    >>

    >> any ideas?
    >>
    >> thanks!
    >
    > usb issues on the laptop?
    >
    > yu sure its usb2 on desktop and laptop???

    How do i check on laptop?

    In news:3dd058F6raenuU1@individual.net,
    oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where his/her
    mother was a universal whore, wrote:
    > "ThE SlAyEr" <phlem1@speed-mail.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> In news:3dco7kF6rs43hU1@individual.net,
    >> oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where
    >> his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
    >>> HI i have a logitech 4000 webcam.
    >>>
    >>> works great on my pc desktop but when using it with my laptop it
    >>> takes ages fro the video to update ie; its really slow...
    >>>
    >>> I have updated to latest drivers, have 512mb ram, 700mhz amd athlon
    >>> processor....
    >>>
    >>> problem is the same in all programmes.
    >>>

    >>> any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> thanks!
    >>
    >> usb issues on the laptop?
    >>
    >> yu sure its usb2 on desktop and laptop???
    >
    > How do i check on laptop?

    well sometimes when yu plug a device into a usb 1 port the pc tells yu it
    could work faster in a usb2 slot..but i assume its not..

    errm... no idea how to check...

    search on google for that answer

    regards slayer
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    > In news:3dd058F6raenuU1@individual.net,
    > oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where
    > his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
    >> "ThE SlAyEr" <phlem1@speed-mail.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> In news:3dco7kF6rs43hU1@individual.net,
    >>> oO <o@o.org> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where

    >>> usb issues on the laptop?
    >>>
    >>> yu sure its usb2 on desktop and laptop???
    >>
    >> How do i check on laptop?
    >
    > well sometimes when yu plug a device into a usb 1 port the pc tells yu
    > it could work faster in a usb2 slot..but i assume its not..
    >
    > errm... no idea how to check...
    >
    > search on google for that answer
    >
    > regards slayer

    try using AIM...it seems to work the best for me....
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Use Windows Task Manager to check the usage of CPU and make sure which
    process causes the slow, it might be caused by virus or anti-virus
    software.

    Good luck,
    Kalin
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    "Kalin" <klliu2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Use Windows Task Manager to check the usage of CPU and make sure which
    > process causes the slow, it might be caused by virus or anti-virus
    > software.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Kalin

    HI thanks Kalin but the CPU isn't under press ure at all - about $% usage
    with everything running - webcam on etc.....weird

Webcams Internet Explorer Peripherals