Total: 37 votes (2 blank votes)

• Yes!
  • 67 %
  • I have problems, but it's not that bad
  • 14 %
  • No. Works fine for me
  • 21 %
June 8, 2006 2:53:22 PM

What's your experience with this popular, but troubled router?

More about : linksys wrt54g stink

June 8, 2006 3:14:39 PM

The WRT54G v5 that I had been using was the worst peice of equipment I had purchased for myself in years. I experienced crashes on a daily or hourly basis (sometimes it wouldn't even stay stable for more than 10-15 seconds). I tried every trick that I knew to fix the problems (which seemed to center around P2P, although it would occasionally crash even when there was no little to no traffic at all - P2P or otherwise); nothing would get this router working right. To make matters worse, the wireless antennas began having problems, and several channels became unusable - not due to other networks overlapping mine (there is more than 500 feet between my house and my neighbors', and wifi locators don't show any networks except for mine). I caved in after 4 months of toil and rebuilt an old AMD k-6 system, threw IPCop on it, and used that as my router.
June 9, 2006 12:41:03 AM

asgallant pretty much summed it up.
Related resources
June 30, 2006 6:58:57 PM

Yep, asgallant nailed it. It drops connection for me about once to thrice a week. My computers can only get reinstated to the network when I power off the router, wait 15sec, and power up. :x

At first I returned it, thinking it was just a lousy router. Now I'm thinking this coincidence is more than that... it's a tradition! :evil: 
July 17, 2006 3:22:33 AM

why on the mother #$%^&g world did they release this version
June 1, 2007 8:10:23 PM

Linsys in general Suck, i like intel and cisico
June 1, 2007 8:12:09 PM

Linsys in general Suck, i like intel and cisico
June 3, 2007 12:17:27 PM

Hey dobby, you know CISCO bought LINKSYS, right :?:
!