webcam security/cctv apps

Hi, can someone recomend an app that will start recording when motion is
detetcted on my creative notbooke cam and maybe even start taking pics and
email them to me, as the creative app only sends videos not pics, and upload
pics take at a set time rate and upload them to a website.
5 answers Last reply
More about webcam security cctv apps

    "GS" <g_sniper@excite.com> wrote in message news:427160dd$0$550$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...

    > Hi, can someone recomend an app that will start recording when motion is
    > detetcted on my creative notbooke cam and maybe even start taking pics and
    > email them to me, as the creative app only sends videos not pics, and upload
    > pics take at a set time rate and upload them to a website.

    Give the free, unlimited HomeSentinel a try. You can
    download it from http://bobday.vze.com

    -- Bob Day

    >Hi, can someone recomend an app that will start recording when motion is
    >detetcted on my creative notbooke cam and maybe even start taking pics and
    >email them to me, as the creative app only sends videos not pics, and upload
    >pics take at a set time rate and upload them to a website.

    www.gotchanow.com can do all you need.
    http://www.cedhart.ch/english/soft.htm

    Thanks guy, I will check those apps out.

    Cheers.

    "GS" <g_sniper@excite.com> wrote in message

    > Hi, can someone recomend an app that will start recording when motion is
    > detetcted on my creative notbooke cam and maybe even start taking pics and
    > email them to me, as the creative app only sends videos not pics, and
    > upload pics take at a set time rate and upload them to a website.

    try active webcam from www.pysoft.com
    not perfect but has many functions
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:17:01 +0100, "GS" <g_sniper@excite.com> wrote:

    >Hi, can someone recomend an app that will start recording when motion is
    >detetcted on my creative notbooke cam and maybe even start taking pics and
    >email them to me, as the creative app only sends videos not pics, and upload
    >pics take at a set time rate and upload them to a website.

    SuperVision cam is one I have tried out.

    The one problem with 'all' the motion detection software though is
    that they are not very good if the light is low.

    I found with everyone I tried that whenever the light was fading
    (evening) or coming up (morning) the software would upload loads of
    images and constantly e.mail me or text my phone even when there was
    no 'actual' movement.

    Most webcams do not cope very well with low light levels so the
    software interpretted the webcams flickering as movement.

    My advice in this case is to either use an external PIR trigger or use
    a night cam.

    With programs like SuperVision Cam you can trigger recording by
    attaching a detection device (EG: PIR - infra red, switch etc..) from
    your COM ports. These can actually be made for a couple of dollars.
    This gives much better detection.

    As to night cams. You do not have to buy a special one as "ALL"
    webcams will detect infrared light. All you need is a source of
    infrared. I use InfraRed LEDs which you can get off ebay from china at
    about 1 pence (2 cents) each (packs of 100) for a range of say 20+
    metre coverage. (Also you can use the above detection device (eg: PIR)
    to switch on and off the LEDs to save power.. (Again $2 or so.)

    Some of the home automation NGs have lots of info on this subject....

    Pete

Webcams Security Creative Peripherals