After Login "Program Error" Message

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 20, 2005 11:14:03 AM

I did an Microsoft automatic update this morning, rebooted and after I login
now I get a "Program Error" message block. All you see in the message block
is "program error" Other places that would normally have writing in the
error message block are blank and the response button is also blank. Once
you click on the blank response button the message goes away and you never
get to your desktop. You can connect remotely to the machine but thats all.
You can utilize the task manager and other options like shutdown but thats
all. You never get your desktop. You can not access the right click menu's
while at the blank desktop. Booting to last known good configuration does
not work, you get the same as described here. Booting to safe mode does not
help, you get the same error reported above. This has happened to three of
our desktops after applying the updates. Has anyone else experienced this
problem, is there a fix out there?
Dave
April 20, 2005 11:19:05 AM

Dave again, I forgot to mention, we are using McAfee Enterprise 8.0 on all
our windows 2000 pro work-stations.