Lock Workstations

I have 300 mixed XP/2000 workstations I wish to automatically lock after 5
minutes of activity. How would I achieve this? My network is 2000 active
directory.

Thanks,

Michael

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:E162FF0A-F4FE-4764-AA85-4A7637260008@microsoft.com,
Mike Cave <MikeCave@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I have 300 mixed XP/2000 workstations I wish to automatically lock
> after 5 minutes of activity. How would I achieve this? My network is
> 2000 active directory.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Default profile without the ability to for the end-user to change the
settings, screen save active after five minutes, require username and
password to use the PC again. That'd be the "BEST" method I can think of off
the top of my head but I'm sure there's probably a better one. Perhaps
GPEDIT can do that??? I'm not too sure about that one really.

Galen