Event ID: 1008
Date: 4/20/2005
Time: 4:37:29 PM
User: N/A
Computer: test
The enterprise root certificate store could not be updated. (0x8007006e) The
system cannot open the
device or file specified.

it's a fresh OS installtation and no joining domain, no group policy, no
any changes, how come this message keep coming out every time when I reboot
the server, I've installed lots of w2k servers before, but this is the first
time I met this.

Can anybody help? thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about event error 1008 winlogon fresh installation

    This is your error:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/3329.asp

    Steps to repair it:

    1) Click START/ SETTINGS/CONTROL PANEL
    2) Click SYSTEM
    3) Click the ADVANCED tab/PERFORMANCE OPTIONS button
    4) Click the CHANGE button
    5) Add at least 10 MB (Megabytes) to the maximum registry size
    6) Click OK
    7) Click OK
    8) Click OK

    You will probably have to restart