Not recognizing a USB Volume Drive

I have a Digital Camera that connects via a USB port and is recognized as a
Volume Drive. The "Unplug or Eject" menu shows it as "Generic Volume -[E:],
however when I go to Windows Explorer it does not appear as a drive - E:. It
skips right by it C:, D, F:, G:

I have tried un-installing and re-installing with the Plug & Play and it
finds the "new" hardware everytime, but will not display the Drive letter in
Windows Explorer.
Any ideas?
--
jhkarr

Philo

jhkarr wrote:
> I have a Digital Camera that connects via a USB port and is recognized as a
> Volume Drive. The "Unplug or Eject" menu shows it as "Generic Volume -[E:],
> however when I go to Windows Explorer it does not appear as a drive - E:. It
> skips right by it C:, D, F:, G:
>
> I have tried un-installing and re-installing with the Plug & Play and it
> finds the "new" hardware everytime, but will not display the Drive letter in
> Windows Explorer.
> Any ideas?

if you install the software that came with the camera
you should be able to access it from that application

otherwise get a card-reader if your camera has a compact flash card

"jhkarr" <jhkarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Digital Camera that connects via a USB port and is recognized
>as a
> Volume Drive. The "Unplug or Eject" menu shows it as "Generic
> Volume -[E:],
> however when I go to Windows Explorer it does not appear as a drive -
> E:. It
> skips right by it C:, D, F:, G:
>
> I have tried un-installing and re-installing with the Plug & Play and
> it
> finds the "new" hardware everytime, but will not display the Drive
> letter in
> Windows Explorer.
> Any ideas?

What make/model of camera is it? Many require you to install a driver to
access them, this usually is supplied with the camera or is available
from the manufacturers website.

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

It is a Vivitar 3615 and it does not require a driver on W2000. It is
recognized during install as a volume drive much like a flash. If you try and
trouble shoot it W2000 says it is working fine, but you just can't see the
drive designation in Windows Explorer.

> It is a Vivitar 3615 and it does not require a driver on W2000. It is
> recognized during install as a volume drive much like a flash. If you
> try and
> trouble shoot it W2000 says it is working fine, but you just can't see
> the
> drive designation in Windows Explorer.

If you go to
Start