DUN does not allow any connection name when creating new

MG

I have a very tetchy problem, which I searched for and found posted and
unanswered back for some time.

I used to have a great working system in Win2K. Then I did all the sp3
upgrades and installed IE6. At that point, my established DUN
connection was gone disappeared.

The only allowed way to make one is using the wizard. However, some
wizard files are missing (from Programs|IE|dun). But ok, the option I
want is available- create dial-up connection manually. When I get to
the point of naming it the darn thing will not accept any name. Any
name. It responds with error asking for no periods or spaces, and
don't you know there aren't any there.

I will never get on the internet on that machine the way things are
going, some glitch it is! I tried: 1)reinstalling Win2K sp3, 2)using
repair, 3)uninstalling IE6, 4)creating and copying a connection profile
from another machine... MS really made this a single-solution vehicle!
Help?

pastense

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011