virtual webcam???

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 3, 2005 5:30:27 PM

Hi

I have several webcams that i'm multicasting over my network at work
and need to feed it into a programme that only takes local cameras.

Does anyone know of any virtual webcam software that i can use or
modify to act as a virtual webcam on the target pc, but play the
multicast stream.

Rogs95

More about : virtual webcam

May 3, 2005 5:30:28 PM

rogs95 wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have several webcams that i'm multicasting over my network at work
>and need to feed it into a programme that only takes local cameras.
>
>Does anyone know of any virtual webcam software that i can use or
>modify to act as a virtual webcam on the target pc, but play the
>multicast stream.
>
>Rogs95

Describe the environment a little bit further?
How are you multicasting, hardware, software?
How does one normally view the multicast on your network?
Why do you want to capture the multicast and then rebroadcast as a
webcam stream?
Why cant you web into the multicast device itself to do this?

NOTE: I have modified my reply-to address to avoid
Unsolicited Commercial Email. To respond to me directly,
please remove the dotUCE in the reply-to address.
May 4, 2005 12:32:45 PM

Hi

Everything is being done in XP and i am using the open source VideoLAN
client (www.videolan.org) to multicast between machines. As it can
work both as sending the multicast via UDP, and also view the
multicast.

It is not only webcams that i will be multicasting as we have a couple
of CCTV cameras that i am planning to connect up to our network and
stream as well. Because there are going to be quite a few inputs in
different locations then i am unable to physically connect them, so i
have decided to multicast them.

The problem i am having is that the programme that i need to view them
in is a couple of years old and will only view local cameras. For
example a webcam or video camera plugged to a USB port.

What i need is some way to get round this and the only way i can think
of is some sort of software that can receive the multicast but appear
on the PC as a webcam. So you can select it like a normal local
camera but it plays the video stream.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

rogs95
May 9, 2005 6:27:02 PM

anyone???
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 2:12:26 AM

On Mon, 09 May 2005 14:27:02 +0000,
rogs95@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (rogs95) wrote:

>anyone???

Question???
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 7:33:59 PM

:shock: DUH :shock:

The question above seeing as i posted that as well

:roll:
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 1:11:06 PM

HELP
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 11:24:27 PM

describe multicast in your own words.

"rogs95" <rogs95@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> HELP

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:34:39 PM

I am using VLC media player from videolan.org to do a UDP multicast on
an address like 224.0.0.1, the video is transcoded using mpeg4.

This works great as i can pick the multicast up over the network on
any computer and several can access it at the same time.

My problem is getting the multicast into a programme that wil only
take local cameras (e.g USB)
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 1:33:44 PM

:oops:  HELP :oops:
August 27, 2009 5:51:18 PM

I have alifecamvx-700 im trying to learn how to install it to secondlife my virtual reality game to give pictures
!