McAfee slooowwwwing me down

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

On my Win2k, McAfee updated istelf, and now McShield is taking 70% of
the cpu! help.

I have scanned for malware and viruses.. nothing there.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-McAfee-slooowwwwing-ftopict361320.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1149556

dl

Check MacAfee site for help/FAQ's

"DL" wrote:
> Check MacAfee site for help/FAQ's
>
> "steve" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > On my Win2k, McAfee updated istelf, and now McShield is
> taking 70% of
> > the cpu! help.
> >
> > I have scanned for malware and viruses.. nothing there.
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-McAfee-slooowwwwing-ftopict361320.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:

I got another auto-update from them about 10 hours later. So I figure
maybe they discovered the bug, and just fixed it. Problem now gone,
but thanks for the hint.