I've just stand on the decision of building new Desktop for gaming. Hence, I came up with some odd questions. I am lacking of some important experiences because of long-time off reading. So, I post it here wait for someone mind sharing.
The "criteria" for system: Integrity (means as less of constraints as possible) and Efficiency. My Budget is about 700 - 800 (not include monitor and other peripherals), but I don't mind if the cost can reduce less than that.
1. Which system should I choose at current time, Intel or AMD, base on both price and performance relatively? It must be Quad core CPU. I prefer AMD, but I appreciate if someone give me some experiences about Intel as well. I see that Intel has just put up in the market the series i-x CPU, 32nm, but price is really high. I care about the performance compare to the price of similar AMD CPU. I still know that next week will be the advent of new AMD's motherboard chipset 8xx, is there any affection to the whole new performance of current AMD CPU like Phenom II X4 Deneb 955...
2. Do I need overclock, consideration on basis of relation between cost and performance of system? If yes, what should I need to care about the cooling system as well? It is not good idea if I spent too much on cooling overclocking system and the result received is just 5 - 10% increased in clock-rate, not on the whole system performance.
3. I need experiences on choosing motherboard thereof. Brand, chipset. Why is so much different in price of mainboard with the same type of North and South Bridge chipset? In my opinion this is the most important component of system, ensuring for Integrity.
4. For Integrity of the system, should I use graphic Card ATI or NVIDIA? Which one is better for game? What should I choose if I used AMD system? Are there any other option? (I like to play Role Playing Game, with highest quality for Resolution about 1600x900)
5. Is there anything I should pay attention on choosing RAM?
6. Are there anything else?
So, I am eager of waiting reply from pro-guys. Thank you so much for spending time answer my question.
Hi: Well AMD processors are currently at a performance disadvantage
to Intel processors, although AMD processors are also less expensive
than Intel processors, so you may lose 5-10% performance, but drop
20-30% off the price. Based on that, I would suggest AMD if you don't
have a fortune to spend.
Regarding the video card,I would suggest An a Radeon HD 4870 or ATI 5770 Based on your budget and needs
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail
Voted 2009 Best Power Supply Manufacturer by Custom PC Magazine
AMD Phenom II x4 925 OC-3.0
Corsair 750watt PSU
XFX HD 5770
4GBs Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600
Asus M4A79xtd Evo
Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240s-0B -OEM
Windows 7 64bit
In regard to cooling: a better cooling is really good for your entire system
especially if you are a gamer