ethernet / router help! please!

kellymom

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
i am about ready to pull my hair out!

i have a belkin router, which i have had for about 2 years.. my compouter and my daughrters is connected to it. my mom now lives with me. she has dial up. i hvae cable inernet. but i can not for the life of me get hers to work. she uses incredimail as her email. i have callled my ISp and they wont help since i didnt buy the router through them! they want me to call the router compnay! all i need is to set up her computer / email so it uses my cable intenet. i know that something in her incredimail has to be changed too.. could someone please hlpe me! i am going scream, again.. also, i have the ethernet cable plugged in but the router shows only 2 computer plugged in and not 3. on her network connections it says network cable is unlplugged.. i dont understand sicne i know its plugged in!

please could someone help me!

thanks soooooo much! :( :(

kellymom

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
i switched the cables from another computer, one that ahs worked for quite a while plugged it into my moms computer and VOILA!!!!!!!!!!! internet... i tired it on mine, the new cable, nothing, no internet.. would this be a defective cable? on the receipt it says " all sales final" except for defective merchandise....

thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much for the suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikeyp410

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Simple Cat5e Cable will work. Believe it or not...alot of cables become bad, new and used. I had one crap out on me after a week of use.