Can't map to IP address

Here's the senario.

Windows 2000 Toshiba Portege with docking station.
It's a demo laptop, so there are four users. All have the same permissions.
Three of the users can map to \\192.168.0.1\Folder while one cannot.
All users can map to \\ServerName\Folder and ServerName's ip = 192.168.0.1.
(Server is SNAP with OS 4....i called SNAP and they couldn't help me).
The error i recieve is that the username or password is incorrect.....but it
is not incorrect, and as i said, the user has no problem connecting via
ServerName. I also noticed that when I try to map 192.168.0.1, it doesn't
show up in my domain but rather "Other"....and again, ONLY for this user.

It's as if one user can't resolve the IP address (though I can ping it) and
can only resolve the ServerName....usually it's the other way arround.

This wouldn't be an issue accept that through the VPN, \\ServerName\ cannot
be resolved and IP is a must.

I just completely over hauled the laptop and it has a fresh install of
Win2000. Is it possible that the docking station could be holding some
information that would block connectivity?

--
Wack
----

Try pinging servername to see what it returns with. Sounds like a
DNS/WINS/LMHosts issue.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional