My Documents Location

March 23, 2005 2:56:23 PM

Is it possible to changed the location of where My Documents is located? I
have a pocket pc that I can add a compac flash, or secure digital card to.
I would like it if I could move all my document storage to that card,
leaving more memory available to the OS.

John

More about : documents location

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 10:47:55 PM

"John Marshall" <john.marshall@titan.com> wrote in message
| Is it possible to changed the location of where My Documents is
located? I
| have a pocket pc that I can add a compac flash, or secure digital
card to.
| I would like it if I could move all my document storage to that card,
| leaving more memory available to the OS.
|
| John

my 'My Documents' is on a CF card. Just move all the documents across
after creating the folder on your memory card. In PocketWord -
Tools/Options change Save to: to your chosen memory card.
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 10:47:56 PM

my 'My Documents' is on a CF card. Just move all the documents across
| after creating the folder on your memory card. In PocketWord -
| Tools/Options change Save to: to your chosen memory card.

however, files stored on a memory card will no longer sync with your PC
(without third party add-ins)
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 3:21:03 PM

You can change the shell folders location in the registry at
HKLM\Explorer\Shell Folders.

!