Delegate Software Installation?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 22, 2005 2:36:33 PM

Greetings. I have several individuals(who have been delegated authority to
their specific OU) who are required to install software on thier local
workstations. Is there a right within Delegation of Authority that would
allow a user to install software? If not, are there any granular permissions
that should be granted? We don't want to make them domain admins, but would
like to give them specific permissions to install Mcafee, etc;

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 9:14:56 PM

You can use restricted groups in gpo and add a group named software
deployment as a local admin and then add users to that group.