Multiple Win 2k

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 23, 2005 5:00:34 AM

Hi all,

I'd like to move my Win2k system into my newly bought disk and install both
W2K Pro in English & T. Chinese.

I wonder is it possible to install alll applications into a single
partition, say drive E, with OSes in drive C & D? That means both OS would
access to their applications from the same drive.

TIA,
Alex

More about : multiple win

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 5:00:35 AM

Answered in .setup

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Alex" <alexc_hh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| Hi all,
|
| I'd like to move my Win2k system into my newly bought disk and install
both
| W2K Pro in English & T. Chinese.
|
| I wonder is it possible to install alll applications into a single
| partition, say drive E, with OSes in drive C & D? That means both OS would
| access to their applications from the same drive.
|
| TIA,
| Alex

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 1:34:04 PM

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Answered in .setup
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Alex" <alexc_hh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> | Hi all,
> |
> | I'd like to move my Win2k system into my newly bought disk and install
> both
> | W2K Pro in English & T. Chinese.
> |
> | I wonder is it possible to install alll applications into a single
> | partition, say drive E, with OSes in drive C & D? That means both OS would
> | access to their applications from the same drive.
> |
> | TIA,
> | Alex

If you mean to install tow opearting systems say ( XP, 2000) each in a
seperate partition and then install the applications on one operating systems
say XP and you want to operate that applications from 2000 then it want likly
done because the information populated when you install application not like
files an inforation about the installed applications are stored in the
registry of the operating systems which it is unique and seperate for each
Installed Operating system. So you have to install the application for both
operating systems.

Hope you got it.

Best Regards.
!