how to find when an application was last run

I'm trying to find out when certain applications (i.e. Adobe Acrobat, MS
Project, etc.) have been last run from a Windows system that is part of my
2000 domain. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

--
Dann McLain
Senior Network Administrator

"Dann McLain" wrote:
>I’m trying to find out when certain applications (i.e. Adobe
>Acrobat, MS
>Project, etc.) have been last run from a Windows system that is part
>of my
>2000 domain. Is there a way to do that?
>
>Thanks.

Add/Remove programs usually show the date/time you last use the
program. Or you can always go to the directory where the program is
and check the last modified dates. Most windows program has a file or
2 that is updated when it runs.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-find-application-run-ftopict361725.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1152085

"Dann McLain" wrote:

> I'm trying to find out when certain applications (i.e. Adobe Acrobat, MS
> Project, etc.) have been last run from a Windows system that is part of my
> 2000 domain. Is there a way to do that?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Dann McLain
> Senior Network Administrator
> Dimension One Spas

Hi there,

I think you can easily go to:
1- Control Panel then Add Remove Programs
2- Administrative Tools
3- Go to the Event Veiwer
4- Now Application Log

In that log you gone see all the error message warnings or events that is
related to the Applications installed in the computer like ( Word, Excell,
Adobe ...etc)

Hope it gone help you.

Best Regards.