System Log

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 22, 2005 4:42:03 PM

Does anyone know how to get the entries in the system log to show up. I have
12 2000 Professional clients where the only thing that is written is when the
system is rebooted. The XP machines have more entries in them.

More about : system log

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 7:52:21 PM

The file may be corrupt. Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services|Event
Log Service|General, set the "Startup Type:" to
"Disabled" restart the pc, then delete (or move) the system.evt file from
%windir%\system32\config then set the Event Log Service "Startup Type:" back
to "Automatic", restart for effect.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional