Sign in with
Your question

Help with Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150 MCE

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 24, 2006 4:08:11 AM

Okay, I just recently purchased a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150 MCE. Ironically the thing did not come with instructions. I want to mainly use it to record shows and then put them on dvd and watch them.Is it possible to use this with Windows XP Professional? Is there any programs you guys can suggest to capture the videos and offers the fuctionality of being able to go cut out the commercials?

Thanks for any help,
T
December 24, 2006 7:01:38 AM

Quote:
Okay, I just recently purchased a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150 MCE. Ironically the thing did not come with instructions. I want to mainly use it to record shows and then put them on dvd and watch them.Is it possible to use this with Windows XP Professional? Is there any programs you guys can suggest to capture the videos and offers the functionality of being able to go cut out the commercials?

Thanks for any help,
T

I have the same TV capture card and I use it with XP Pro. Make sure you get the latest drivers from the Hauppauge site. I use Hauppauge WinTV scheduler to record programs. This program can also be downloaded from their site. There are other third party programs that can work for scheduled recording but I found WinTV the least hassle. WinTV does not have an "edit-out" the commercials function. I just use the progress bar on the player to skip what I don't want to watch. I've only heard of TIVO being able to "edit-out" commercials.
December 26, 2006 6:45:03 PM

Thanks for the response. Ok I attempted to use what you suggested and it just showed up black. I downloaded GBPVR and it worked, but there was no sound and the video was clear on the top half and had green lines throughout the bottom half. It is a known problem that GBPVR doesn't have problems with this card. Then I tried the trial version Beyond TV 4 and it worked perfectly. I do not want to spend $70 for the software. Does anyone else use anything.
Related resources
December 26, 2006 8:35:41 PM

hi.
there are many programms that can do that job.
u can check programs at
www.ulead.com
for dvd autoroting usually these programs ae the best.
a more light program is videoredo plus.
You can preview and change the recommendations before editing, or let VideoReDo Plus do the job automatically. The choice is yours. ...
www.videoredo.com/
!