Win 2000 doen't boot because it don't find the swap file

I have make a clone with norton ghost of mi win 2000 pro to a bigger hard
disk but it don't boot. Windows shows the login screen and after that shows a
message telling "Windows don't have a swap file, go to my computer-properties
etc etc and set a swap file ..." but it don't go further. After that windows
shows the login screen again and that in a infinite loop.

Could sombody help me? Y dont want fotmatting and reinstalling all in then
the new disk if it's not neccesary

thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about 2000 doen boot find swap file

    These may help.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q249321

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    In article <DA65B4D0-652F-4EDC-B6DE-3779BAB66918@microsoft.com>,
    panicorp@discussions.microsoft.com, =?Utf-8?B?cGFuaWNvcnA=?= says...

    > I have make a clone with norton ghost of mi win 2000 pro to a bigger hard
    > disk but it don't boot. Windows shows the login screen and after that shows a
    > message telling "Windows don't have a swap file, go to my computer-properties
    > etc etc and set a swap file ..." but it don't go further. After that windows
    > shows the login screen again and that in a infinite loop.
    >
    > Could sombody help me? Y dont want fotmatting and reinstalling all in then
    > the new disk if it's not neccesary
    >
    > thanks

    Boot to safe mode.....you should be able to set it from there.

    it's the same. On safe mode it do the same booting

    "panicorp" <panicorp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have make a clone with norton ghost of mi win 2000 pro to a bigger hard
    > disk but it don't boot. Windows shows the login screen and after that
    shows a
    > message telling "Windows don't have a swap file, go to my
    computer-properties
    > etc etc and set a swap file ..." but it don't go further. After that
    windows
    > shows the login screen again and that in a infinite loop.
    >
    > Could sombody help me? Y dont want fotmatting and reinstalling all in then
    > the new disk if it's not neccesary
    >
    > thanks

    This is a common problem after cloning hard disks. It occurs
    because your drive letters have changed. Windows is now
    looking for a swap file on a drive that no longer exists. The
    remedy depends on your setup, i.e. if the machine is networked,
    or if you have another Win2000/XP machine around, or if you
    have a Bart PE boot CD.

Login Boot Microsoft Windows