STOP: 0X1E error

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b α HP
April 23, 2005 2:43:18 PM

I have a Dell Dimension 4100 running Win2k Pro. Just installed HP 7260
software, rebooted the machine and consistently receive the following
STOP message whe I restart:

STOP: 0X0000001E (0XC0000005,0X80435B6B,0X3B81ED8C,0X00000004)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

*** Address 80435b6b base at 80400000, DateStamp 40d1d183 -
ntoskrnl.exe

etc, etc....

MS KB articles have been exhaustively searched without finding a
reference to this particular exception.

Would appreciate assistance. ** This is the 4th time I've had a problem
with stop exceptions on this machine. I managed to resolve the 3
previous issues using the KB. I confess, I'm stumped.

TIA,

LHB

--
lhbailey
lhbailey's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=694

More about : stop 0x1e error

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 24, 2005 3:01:46 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I have read all three of these KB articles
and while informative, they were not the solution. I'm hoping someone
who is familiar with hexidecimal code will know the answer and
respond.

Appreciate the assist.

Regards,

LHB

--
lhbailey
lhbailey's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=694
a b α HP
April 24, 2005 5:25:11 PM

lhbailey wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions. I have read all three of these KB articles
> and while informative, they were not the solution. I'm hoping someone
> who is familiar with hexidecimal code will know the answer and
> respond.
>
> Appreciate the assist.
>
> Regards,
>
> LHB

The answer is really not in the hex code but in the
narrative description part of the BSOD. The error is
happening in the kernel and this points to (a) device
driver mis-programming or (b) wrong driver version or
(c) hardware/device conflict. And since it occured with
the installation of HP software, it might be better to
revert to the original packaging of the software for
the HP 7260, had an updated version been installed. (IOW,
my confidence in HP software, esp. updates, has been
dwindling of late, for OS's other than Windows XP.)
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 24, 2005 7:40:42 PM

I couldn't agree with you more about using original software for
installation. Unfortunately, that is exactly what I used. The system
will not even start in safe mode now. There seems to be no way of
getting past the blue screen and I think the most expedient recourse is
to re-install. Drat!

--
lhbailey
lhbailey's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=694
a b α HP
May 4, 2005 7:56:12 PM

I know this is a late reply, but I had a similar problem that plagued me for
months. Then I did a RAM test and discovered I had flaky memory. Since
replacing the RAM about 6 months ago I haven't had a single stop code.

www.memtest86.com

or

www.memtest.org

--
Tim Rude

timrude@NOSPAM.hotmail.com
(remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)