STOP: 0X1E error

I have a Dell Dimension 4100 running Win2k Pro. Just installed HP 7260
software, rebooted the machine and consistently receive the following
STOP message whe I restart:

STOP: 0X0000001E (0XC0000005,0X80435B6B,0X3B81ED8C,0X00000004)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

*** Address 80435b6b base at 80400000, DateStamp 40d1d183 -
ntoskrnl.exe

etc, etc....

MS KB articles have been exhaustively searched without finding a
reference to this particular exception.

Would appreciate assistance. ** This is the 4th time I've had a problem
with stop exceptions on this machine. I managed to resolve the 3
previous issues using the KB. I confess, I'm stumped.

TIA,

LHB

--
lhbailey
lhbailey's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=694

    Take a look at this article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=183169

    Its not much help, but it shows the 0x1E error message

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q287524

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/2000/professional/reskit/en-us/part7/proch33.mspx

    Please try the above & if nothing works then get back to the newsgroup

    Crouchie1998
    BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

    Thanks for the suggestions. I have read all three of these KB articles
    and while informative, they were not the solution. I'm hoping someone
    who is familiar with hexidecimal code will know the answer and
    respond.

    Appreciate the assist.

    Regards,

    LHB

    --

    lhbailey wrote:
    > Thanks for the suggestions. I have read all three of these KB articles
    > and while informative, they were not the solution. I'm hoping someone
    > who is familiar with hexidecimal code will know the answer and
    > respond.
    >
    > Appreciate the assist.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > LHB

    The answer is really not in the hex code but in the
    narrative description part of the BSOD. The error is
    happening in the kernel and this points to (a) device
    driver mis-programming or (b) wrong driver version or
    (c) hardware/device conflict. And since it occured with
    the installation of HP software, it might be better to
    revert to the original packaging of the software for
    the HP 7260, had an updated version been installed. (IOW,
    my confidence in HP software, esp. updates, has been
    dwindling of late, for OS's other than Windows XP.)

    I couldn't agree with you more about using original software for
    installation. Unfortunately, that is exactly what I used. The system
    will not even start in safe mode now. There seems to be no way of
    getting past the blue screen and I think the most expedient recourse is
    to re-install. Drat!

    --
    lhbailey
    lhbailey's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=694

    I know this is a late reply, but I had a similar problem that plagued me for
    months. Then I did a RAM test and discovered I had flaky memory. Since
    replacing the RAM about 6 months ago I haven't had a single stop code.

    www.memtest86.com

    or

    www.memtest.org

    --
    Tim Rude

    timrude@NOSPAM.hotmail.com
    (remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)

    "lhbailey" <lhbailey.1o0i3y@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

    > I couldn't agree with you more about using original software for
    > installation. Unfortunately, that is exactly what I used. The system
    > will not even start in safe mode now. There seems to be no way of
    > getting past the blue screen and I think the most expedient recourse is
    > to re-install. Drat!
    >

    > --
    > lhbailey
    > lhbailey's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=694