.bkf file

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 23, 2005 8:09:02 PM

Hello,

I have a .bkf file that a cannot seem to open, here is the situation, I have
a new computer and i was trying to save all my data from one computer to the
other. I was under win2000, and now under XP.

Does someone know how to open this type of file ?

Thank you

More about : bkf file

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 11:57:24 PM

NTbackup.exe, used in Windows 2000, generates bkf files. Windows XP has this
same utility. The output files may or maybe not be compatible.

You should have used the Windows XP's F.A.S.T. utility. It's designed expressly
for this purpose.See this link for a comprehensive discussion and how-to-use:

Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
http://winsupportcenter.com/win5/a/fast.htm

"Niceguys" <Niceguys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a .bkf file that a cannot seem to open, here is the situation, I have
> a new computer and i was trying to save all my data from one computer to the
> other. I was under win2000, and now under XP.
>
> Does someone know how to open this type of file ?
>
> Thank you
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 11:57:25 PM

Much Thanks for the proper and quick response

"wayfarrer" wrote:

> NTbackup.exe, used in Windows 2000, generates bkf files. Windows XP has this
> same utility. The output files may or maybe not be compatible.
>
> You should have used the Windows XP's F.A.S.T. utility. It's designed expressly
> for this purpose.See this link for a comprehensive discussion and how-to-use:
>
> Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
> http://winsupportcenter.com/win5/a/fast.htm
>

> "Niceguys" <Niceguys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a .bkf file that a cannot seem to open, here is the situation, I have
> > a new computer and i was trying to save all my data from one computer to the
> > other. I was under win2000, and now under XP.
> >
> > Does someone know how to open this type of file ?
> >
> > Thank you

November 16, 2012 12:32:48 PM

You do of course realize that you replied to a 7+ year old post? I seriously doubt the OP even cares any longer.
!