.bkf file

Hello,

I have a .bkf file that a cannot seem to open, here is the situation, I have
a new computer and i was trying to save all my data from one computer to the
other. I was under win2000, and now under XP.

Does someone know how to open this type of file ?

Thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about file

    NTbackup.exe, used in Windows 2000, generates bkf files. Windows XP has this
    same utility. The output files may or maybe not be compatible.

    You should have used the Windows XP's F.A.S.T. utility. It's designed expressly
    for this purpose.See this link for a comprehensive discussion and how-to-use:

    Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
    http://winsupportcenter.com/win5/a/fast.htm

    "Niceguys" <Niceguys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a .bkf file that a cannot seem to open, here is the situation, I have
    > a new computer and i was trying to save all my data from one computer to the
    > other. I was under win2000, and now under XP.
    >
    > Does someone know how to open this type of file ?
    >
    > Thank you

    Much Thanks for the proper and quick response

    "wayfarrer" wrote:

    > NTbackup.exe, used in Windows 2000, generates bkf files. Windows XP has this
    > same utility. The output files may or maybe not be compatible.
    >
    > You should have used the Windows XP's F.A.S.T. utility. It's designed expressly
    > for this purpose.See this link for a comprehensive discussion and how-to-use:
    >
    > Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
    > http://winsupportcenter.com/win5/a/fast.htm
    >

    > "Niceguys" <Niceguys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have a .bkf file that a cannot seem to open, here is the situation, I have
    > > a new computer and i was trying to save all my data from one computer to the
    > > other. I was under win2000, and now under XP.
    > >
    > > Does someone know how to open this type of file ?
    > >
    > > Thank you

  3. You do of course realize that you replied to a 7+ year old post? I seriously doubt the OP even cares any longer.

Computers Microsoft Windows