Setting up User for win2000, kids access

Hello, I'm fairly green when it comes to Windows 2000 Administration
functions. I want to setup a user account so my toddler does not destroy my
computer when playing around.
How do I go about setting up a new account( I did this through
administrative tools) however I need to know how I restrict her from running
programs installed.

I would like to give her access to only three or four specific programs I
install for her use.

Hi there,

I think it is a little bit complicated to perform but I am gone give
you the steps to get what you need:

1- Afetr you have created a user account, go to the users and groups
then
remove the account from the users group.

2- Create a new group and place that account as a member in that group.

3- After that the account will be member only in the new group that you
have
created, go to each program (exe file) or file you want to grant the
account
access to, by going to the properties for that file and go the
security tab and
then add that group which contains the account and give him the
permissions
you want ( Read, Write, Execute ...etc )

After that when you log on with that accout every thing supposed to work as
supposed.

Regards.