Windows 2000 properties window

Find Target does not work in all shortcuts properties.
9 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 properties window

    True.

    CamaJas wrote:

    > Find Target does not work in all shortcuts properties.

    No, that is my problem. None of my shortcuts on my desktop are able to use
    this function.

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > True.
    >
    > CamaJas wrote:
    >
    > > Find Target does not work in all shortcuts properties.

    As a test, create a new shortcut to a file on the Desktop and see if it
    works.

    camajas wrote:

    > No, that is my problem. None of my shortcuts on my desktop are able to use
    > this function.
    >
    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >

    >>True.
    >>
    >>CamaJas wrote:
    >>

    >>>Find Target does not work in all shortcuts properties.

    I have done that. And newly installed programs have the same malfunction as
    well.

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > As a test, create a new shortcut to a file on the Desktop and see if it
    > works.
    >
    > camajas wrote:
    >
    > > No, that is my problem. None of my shortcuts on my desktop are able to use
    > > this function.
    > >
    > > "Bob I" wrote:
    > >

    > >>True.

    As I don't have a 2000 copy to work with anymore, perhaps you will tell
    us the error message you get when you select "Find Target".

    camajas wrote:
    > I have done that. And newly installed programs have the same malfunction as
    > well.
    >
    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >

    >>As a test, create a new shortcut to a file on the Desktop and see if it
    >>works.
    >>
    >>camajas wrote:
    >>

    >>>No, that is my problem. None of my shortcuts on my desktop are able to use
    >>>this function.

    There is no error. Nothing happens, no error, no blip, no runtime, nothing
    happens.

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > As I don't have a 2000 copy to work with anymore, perhaps you will tell
    > us the error message you get when you select "Find Target".
    >
    > camajas wrote:
    > > I have done that. And newly installed programs have the same malfunction as
    > > well.
    > >
    > > "Bob I" wrote:
    > >

    > >>As a test, create a new shortcut to a file on the Desktop and see if it
    > >>works.

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    You didn't happen to install something like this?
    http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/TwinGrid-Address-Book/3000-2074_2-10182570.html

    Or perhaps "Treesize", I saw a mention of it breaking "Find Target"

    Or reg edits simular to?

    I couldn't find anything in the MS KB otherthan Win98 issues, so it
    doesn't seem to be a frequent issue.

    aefa wrote:

    > There is no error. Nothing happens, no error, no blip, no runtime, nothing
    > happens.
    >
    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >

    >>As I don't have a 2000 copy to work with anymore, perhaps you will tell
    >>us the error message you get when you select "Find Target".
    >>
    >>camajas wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have done that. And newly installed programs have the same malfunction as
    >>>well.

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    No, I havent installed either. Do you know what registry entry controls this?

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > You didn't happen to install something like this?
    > http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/TwinGrid-Address-Book/3000-2074_2-10182570.html
    >
    > Or perhaps "Treesize", I saw a mention of it breaking "Find Target"
    >
    > Or reg edits simular to?
    > http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1150/
    >
    > I couldn't find anything in the MS KB otherthan Win98 issues, so it
    > doesn't seem to be a frequent issue.
    >
    > aefa wrote:
    >
    > > There is no error. Nothing happens, no error, no blip, no runtime, nothing
    > > happens.
    > >
    > > "Bob I" wrote:
    > >

    > >>As I don't have a 2000 copy to work with anymore, perhaps you will tell
    > >>us the error message you get when you select "Find Target".

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    No, I've been searching for "Find Target" + "Broken". You may want to
    prowl a bit and see if any of the hits on Google fit the circumstances.

    Camajas wrote:
    > No, I havent installed either. Do you know what registry entry controls this?
    >
    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >

    >>You didn't happen to install something like this?
    >>http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/TwinGrid-Address-Book/3000-2074_2-10182570.html
    >>
    >>Or perhaps "Treesize", I saw a mention of it breaking "Find Target"
    >>
    >>Or reg edits simular to?
    >>http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1150/
    >>
    >>I couldn't find anything in the MS KB otherthan Win98 issues, so it
    >>doesn't seem to be a frequent issue.
    >>
    >>aefa wrote:
    >>

    >>>There is no error. Nothing happens, no error, no blip, no runtime, nothing
    >>>happens.

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows