email send by itself

Hi all,

I have recently notice that my email sent out by itself. I have scanned
my system with symantec antivirus which shown me no virus found.

What are the possible reason to cause it and what are the solution to
solve this.

Thanks

"Ace Tan" <ace.tan@fairprice.com.sg> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently notice that my email sent out by itself. I have scanned
> my system with symantec antivirus which shown me no virus found.
>
> What are the possible reason to cause it and what are the solution to
> solve this.
>
> Thanks

I suggest you repost your question in the appropriate
Outlook newsgroup, stating the following:
- What mail client you're using (Outlook? Outlook Express?)
- Which version
- What makes you think that email sends itself
- Who it sends itself to

Hi Pegasus,

I'm using Outlook Express 6. My Symantec Antivirus is Ver9.0
ver9 has one option: scan outgoing email. So when an email is sending
out the system tray will pop out the percentage of sending.

And i cant trace who it send to..

Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
> "Ace Tan" <ace.tan@fairprice.com.sg> wrote in message
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I have recently notice that my email sent out by itself. I have scanned
>> my system with symantec antivirus which shown me no virus found.
>>
>>What are the possible reason to cause it and what are the solution to
>>solve this.
>>
>>Thanks
>

> I suggest you repost your question in the appropriate
> Outlook newsgroup, stating the following:
> - What mail client you're using (Outlook? Outlook Express?)
> - Which version
> - What makes you think that email sends itself
> - Who it sends itself to

I would like to help you on this. You would get more of a response in the
Outlook Express newsgroup, but I am willing to do my best to help you..

You say you are using version 9 of Symantec, but is that a home user version
or the Corporate 9 Edition like I use?

Latest Virus Def's: 4/24/2005 revision 7 with 69422 threats covered

Are you getting e-mails that have your name in the FROM? If so, I think that
a person who has your address in their address book has a mass mailing worm
on their computer. Therefore, it wouldn't show up on your system.

What you could do is right-click the message (top pane) & choose properties
& you will see the header information. Paste it back into here & let me try
to investigate it for you, as fighting SPAM/Viruses is a huge hobby of mine.
Whatever you do though: DO NOT OPEN/DOUBLE-CLICK the message, as you don't
want it to penetrate your system.

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Please try an Outlook Express newsgroup.