((Signal Error)) Monitor problems

sean00

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
This my my 2nd replacement of this motherboard ((ecs p4m800 pro 478)).
The first one when installed would give a "signal error" so I rma'd it. The second one would do the same thing but I was able to actually get a screen after I cleared cmos. I was able to install windows and it ran fine. That was a month ago. Now all of the sudden I am getting the same signal error message on the screen. Checked RAM/GPU/ - - using 350w psu/2.6ghz celeron 478. ECS tech support phone number is no longer valid so I am unable to contact them for help on this issue. I could not tell you why this happens. I try onboard video also and still same thing. I have tried all add on components on a different computer. I also test computer on different monitor and get same message.

Your suggestions would be most appreciated.

sean00

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Yeah I have tried 2 different monitors. I have tried both the onboard video and the aftermarket vc. Its really odd that I could get two bad motherboards in a row. I dont know what else to try or I could do but send the motherboard back in and just get a different one. Any more suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advanced!

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Does your bios give you an option as to what VC will be the primary one? make sure that it is not set to onboard video in BIOS. You may also have a bad mobo for sure. I would try a different manufacturer.

sean00

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Good suggestion only I get a signal error on my monitor. I will probably return it or just buy another. I only dropped 40 bucks on it. That probably was my first mistake I made. Should of just went with a better model. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!