wireless webcam questions

Johnny

Looking for a network webcam that can connect using ethernet and wifi
(802.11b is fine).

Tried a Linksys wvc11b today, and it's what I need except it didn't
work for pointing out the window to view outside (was too white--
turning brightness down all the way didn't help, either) and I didn't
like the ActiveX requirement of their viewing.

Also, I would like the ability to view a jpg of the current scene in
addition to the live video feed (actually, live video feed is not as
important as being able to grab the current pic). Having the camera
FTP an image to another server is fine, also.

Budget is < $200.

Ideas?

Thanks

In news:d3839bca.0505111427.745772a0@posting.google.com,
Johnny <volareman@gmail.com> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet
where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
> Looking for a network webcam that can connect using ethernet and wifi
> (802.11b is fine).
>
> Tried a Linksys wvc11b today, and it's what I need except it didn't
> work for pointing out the window to view outside (was too white--
> turning brightness down all the way didn't help, either) and I didn't
> like the ActiveX requirement of their viewing.
>
> Also, I would like the ability to view a jpg of the current scene in
> addition to the live video feed (actually, live video feed is not as
> important as being able to grab the current pic). Having the camera
> FTP an image to another server is fine, also.
>
> Budget is < $200.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks

make a lens from some old sunglasses and fit onto front of existing cam.....

dont be beaten by strong light...

blue tac and a soldering iron to cut old lens should be enuff to sort it..

regards slayer

ps try two lenses and more combined to get a good light balance

Sometimes the low tech way is the best!
;<)
Pete