close performer. cpu coolers matchup. which should i get?

penguin1

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
For core 2,

Infinity is out of the qn cuz apparently it's too big, heavy & expensive for my choice.

I have done my hw and i decided to get, strictly, either one of these two..

- Ninja Plus
- Big Typhoon VX

ninja used to be extremely famous, but reviews i read show that the VX can easily match Infinity or even out perform it. however, it's heavier than the ninja and the fan blows upwards.

do recommend me which u think is the best. thx in advance.

Anyone out there actaully uses these? Is it really good?

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Typhoon VX, the better fan makes it a better choice than the Ninja and you will be able to cool the MOSFETs and NB at the same time.
The Ninja works better for situations were noise matter a lot and you want to use very silent fans.

penguin1

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
the Tuniq is alittle too heavy but more importantly it's extremely rare.. i have to ship it online and the cost to singapore is very very high.

so, back to qn, say u're forced to choose one. BT VXor Ninja?

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
PetrasTechShop.com ships worldwide and stocks the Tuniq, the service is excellent but no idea what the charges for singapore are.
Just a tought and for you to remember for all your cooling needs :wink:

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Typhoon VX, the better fan makes it a better choice than the Ninja and you will be able to cool the MOSFETs and NB at the same time.
The Ninja works better for situations were noise matter a lot and you want to use very silent fans.
BT VX will definetly yield the best temperatures and cooling performance.