Sign in with
Your question

close performer. cpu coolers matchup. which should i get?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 24, 2006 3:18:25 PM

For core 2,

Infinity is out of the qn cuz apparently it's too big, heavy & expensive for my choice.

I have done my hw and i decided to get, strictly, either one of these two..

- Ninja Plus
- Big Typhoon VX

ninja used to be extremely famous, but reviews i read show that the VX can easily match Infinity or even out perform it. however, it's heavier than the ninja and the fan blows upwards.

do recommend me which u think is the best. thx in advance.

Anyone out there actaully uses these? Is it really good?
December 24, 2006 10:24:53 PM

Typhoon VX, the better fan makes it a better choice than the Ninja and you will be able to cool the MOSFETs and NB at the same time.
The Ninja works better for situations were noise matter a lot and you want to use very silent fans.
December 24, 2006 10:49:44 PM

Not recommending the Tuniq? Thats odd of you...
Related resources
December 24, 2006 10:52:36 PM

If the Infinity was big, heavy and expensive, the Tuniq is just more of that. Read the OP every once in a while.
December 24, 2006 11:03:18 PM

At the risk of hijacking the thread, thats what backer plates are for.
December 25, 2006 2:05:49 PM

the Tuniq is alittle too heavy but more importantly it's extremely rare.. i have to ship it online and the cost to singapore is very very high.

so, back to qn, say u're forced to choose one. BT VXor Ninja?
December 25, 2006 2:40:36 PM

I'd go with the BG VX, if only because I've had a Thermaltake fan before and it worked good on that computer.
December 25, 2006 11:09:49 PM

PetrasTechShop.com ships worldwide and stocks the Tuniq, the service is excellent but no idea what the charges for singapore are.
Just a tought and for you to remember for all your cooling needs :wink:
December 26, 2006 3:46:28 AM

thanks thanks i could hardly find any pc shop that ships worldwide.

so, how abt u, VX or ninja? :]
December 26, 2006 6:12:33 AM

Quote:
Typhoon VX, the better fan makes it a better choice than the Ninja and you will be able to cool the MOSFETs and NB at the same time.
The Ninja works better for situations were noise matter a lot and you want to use very silent fans.

BT VX will definetly yield the best temperatures and cooling performance.
December 26, 2006 5:53:23 PM

how abt a little twist to the qn.

BT VX ~vs~ Infinity? still on VX?
December 26, 2006 6:08:26 PM

On the stock fans theyre about the same. But you can replace the fan on the Inifity and do a push&pull config, and increase the pressure on the CPU, this definetly makes it a better HSF.

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=519
Every well-knowned HSF is there, all compared directly.
!