help understanding perfmon reading.

Marcelo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

Hello,
I have a server which NICs interface I am monitoring to a Tab delimited text
file.

Viewing the system monitor everything makes sense, but when I open the log
file in excell, I am at a loss.

I'll explain,
The Current Bandwith meter is obviosly stable at 1000000000 (1GB)
However the Bytes Sent/Sec and Bytes Received/Sec have HUGE numbers such as
35,569,719,894,520,700
12,952,476,410,430,300
Even if I divide by 8 (thought it might be bits) the number is much bigger
than 1GB

Thanks for your help.

You may have to adjust the multiplaction factors.
Values might be averaged with digits behind the period.