iPAQ can't keep time correctly?????????

March 23, 2005 9:17:15 PM

My iPAQ 2200 can't seem to maintain time correctly. I've done all the
suggested things from folks here as well as at HP: soft reset, hard reset,
ROM 1.1, remove 3rd party apps, check time zones on my PC and Pocket PC,
etc.

HP now says there MAY be a hardware problem and that I need to send the unit
in for potential repair/replacement but this is the 4th iPAQ I've had that
they've replaced for the same reason.

Has anyone ever figured out a way to keep time accurately on an iPAQ? Mine
loses anywhere from 2o minutes for 6 hours a day (when undocked of
course...)

TIA---

More about : ipaq time correctly

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 11:25:40 PM

Have you set ActiveSync to synchronize the time each time you dock your
iPaq?

If you are not familar with this, go into ActiveSync, click Tools>Options.
On the Sync Options tab, there is a check box under the items to be
synchronized that will have your PPC sync with your PCs clock.

Hope this helps,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"Stealth" <stealth@youllneverfindme.com> wrote in message
> My iPAQ 2200 can't seem to maintain time correctly. I've done all the
> suggested things from folks here as well as at HP: soft reset, hard reset,
> ROM 1.1, remove 3rd party apps, check time zones on my PC and Pocket PC,
> etc.
>
> HP now says there MAY be a hardware problem and that I need to send the
> unit in for potential repair/replacement but this is the 4th iPAQ I've had
> that they've replaced for the same reason.
>
> Has anyone ever figured out a way to keep time accurately on an iPAQ?
> Mine loses anywhere from 2o minutes for 6 hours a day (when undocked of
> course...)
>
> TIA---

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 10:59:04 AM

Just throwing out a hypothesis, as I am not certian how
the ipaq manages the clock, but could this be software
related? A certain program??

Just an idea - maybe not even close.

HTH

Xfiler.

March 24, 2005 8:20:50 PM

>Has anyone ever figured out a way to keep time accurately on an iPAQ?
>Mine loses anywhere from 2o minutes for 6 hours a day (when undocked
>of course...)

Make sure that you don't soft reset it while it is off. This can cause
the time to jump back to the point when you last turned it off.

--
Marc Zimmermann [http://www.zimac.de]
Microsoft MVP - Windows Mobile

Club Pocket PC Ruhr > http://www.clubpocketpc-ruhr.org
German User Groups > http://www.clubpocketpc.de
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 11:43:29 PM

In article <Eqp0e.175870$FM3.147220@fed1read02>,
stealth@youllneverfindme.com says...
> My iPAQ 2200 can't seem to maintain time correctly. I've done all the
> suggested things from folks here as well as at HP: soft reset, hard reset,
> ROM 1.1, remove 3rd party apps, check time zones on my PC and Pocket PC,
> etc.
>
> HP now says there MAY be a hardware problem and that I need to send the unit
> in for potential repair/replacement but this is the 4th iPAQ I've had that
> they've replaced for the same reason.

The 4th iPaq that is doing that for you? Did HP say whether anyone else
is having the same problems? If not perhaps there is something you are
doing that is causing it. Faster than light travel? work in a magnet
factory? I can't think of anything but it's worth considering.
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 12:02:33 AM

In article <MPG.1cad44de8fc7a7d09896be@msnews.microsoft.com>,
keithr3@NOJUNKclear.net says...
> In article <Eqp0e.175870$FM3.147220@fed1read02>,
> stealth@youllneverfindme.com says...
> > My iPAQ 2200 can't seem to maintain time correctly. I've done all the
> > suggested things from folks here as well as at HP: soft reset, hard reset,
> > ROM 1.1, remove 3rd party apps, check time zones on my PC and Pocket PC,
> > etc.
> >
> > HP now says there MAY be a hardware problem and that I need to send the unit
> > in for potential repair/replacement but this is the 4th iPAQ I've had that
> > they've replaced for the same reason.
>
> The 4th iPaq that is doing that for you? Did HP say whether anyone else
> is having the same problems?

Answering my own question. It appears there are others, see (mind the
word wrap):
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswe...
75
!