Program to edit/make .msi file

Hello,

here's the situation:
- I got a program (not Microsoft's) which consists of a setup.exe and
..msi file

Here's my wish:
- I want to adjust the setup/msi so that everything that I need to
anser/fill in during the setup is automated (e.g. filepath and which
items to install or not).

I know there's such a thing for MS Office (I used that a couple of
times already) but is there a SIMPLE program that can help me on my
problem?

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about program edit make file

    Not sure about edit because I have Visual Sudio.NET which creates them, but
    here is a tool to make your own MSI's:

    http://www.advancedinstaller.com/download.html

    Just search for Windows Installer at Google

    Crouchie1998
    BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

    In order to edit the msi file, you have to use the ORCA program from
    Microsoft.
    Orca is part of the Microsoft sdk.

    --
    WinSysBee Support Team
    http://www.winsysbee.com

    "Crouchie1998" <crouchie1998@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > Not sure about edit because I have Visual Sudio.NET which creates them,
    > but
    > here is a tool to make your own MSI's:
    >
    > http://www.advancedinstaller.com/download.html
    >
    > Just search for Windows Installer at Google
    >
    > Crouchie1998
    > BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Microsoft Windows MSI-Microstar