Program to edit/make .msi file

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 26, 2005 4:24:07 PM

Hello,

here's the situation:
- I got a program (not Microsoft's) which consists of a setup.exe and
..msi file

Here's my wish:
- I want to adjust the setup/msi so that everything that I need to
anser/fill in during the setup is automated (e.g. filepath and which
items to install or not).

I know there's such a thing for MS Office (I used that a couple of
times already) but is there a SIMPLE program that can help me on my
problem?

Thanks!
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 10:00:35 PM

Not sure about edit because I have Visual Sudio.NET which creates them, but
here is a tool to make your own MSI's:

http://www.advancedinstaller.com/download.html

Just search for Windows Installer at Google

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 1:23:33 AM

In order to edit the msi file, you have to use the ORCA program from
Microsoft.
Orca is part of the Microsoft sdk.

--
WinSysBee Support Team